E6700 Running way too hot. What should I do?

Thats just amazing.

Anyway Forgive me for asking, but what vid. card is that? Never seen it b4.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so we'll see how it all goes. And also, the video card is an evga GeForce 7950 GX2.

IMG_0640.jpg

HAHAHAHA now that is funny. i always wondered what you got for the extra $$$ over building your own. now i know!

scrape that crap off and then clean with isopropyl alcohol, get some proper thermal paste and re seat it. your temp should go way down.

if its a fan attached to that wire, maybe just get a new fan but as long as its not shorted out put some tape around it for now
(if the fan doesn't work, then its shorted)

I would so send an E-mail to whoever you can over at alien ware with those pics. That is just priceless. In fact, put it up on the digg site for maximum exposure. I'll get hundreds of people to digg it so it will end up on the diggnation podcast. That is to good to pass up on =).

Yeah seriously. I mean, I always thought Alienware to be like, "We are the best, we thoroughly test everything twice, we use the best parts, we are awesome." And it turns out they can't do the most simple things right. Send that to them, and say it has caused you much mental anguish and demand something. lol

This is why I build my own too.

I am surprised it even worked and didnt fry or keep shutting down... WOW

Unfreaking believable, simply unbelievable! :eek:

Thanks for sharing it, I can't wait to see what Alienware has to say about this. No way that should have happened, and no way it shouldn't have been caught before going out the door.

Back