EA: 60% Off Origin Games

I found it quite fun... good gunplay, great graphics, decent story and pacing. Sure it's standard fare otherwise, but not everything can be a masterpiece.

FWIW, I paid $18 for Crysis 2 and I still feel like I was ripped off due to the boring, lackluster game play.

I've only gotten it to work on the 800 point one - doesn't work on the 1600. Add it to cart and enter the code, it should refresh and show up as $4.

I can't figure out a way to change quantities though, so you have to do multiple transactions.
if i cannot select 560,560,560 and 800 for the 4 DLCs I want then I am not doing it. I am not giving them extra money for points i will never use.

EDIT: I need 2480 so yeah fuck them as I can either buy 2400 which is not enough or 3200 which is 4 bucks down the drain.

if i cannot select 560,560,560 and 800 for the 4 DLCs I want then I am not doing it. I am not giving them extra money for points i will never use.

EDIT: I need 2480 so yeah fuck them as I can either buy 2400 which is not enough or 3200 which is 4 bucks down the drain.

ya! maybe they should raise the price of the DLC to 800 points each so we won't have extra points leftover! :rolleyes:

the points are just relative. I love mass effect so i know its worth it to me, but i sure as hell don't wanna hear about you whining about having extra points leftover on a 60% off sale.

ya! maybe they should raise the price of the DLC to 800 points each so we won't have extra points leftover! :rolleyes:

the points are just relative. I love mass effect so i know its worth it to me, but i sure as hell don't wanna hear about you whining about having extra points leftover on a 60% off sale.
what a fucking ignorant way of looking at it. :rolleyes:

it defeats the WHOLE point of getting something cheap if I have to spend 4 more bucks for nothing. I have no other use for those leftover points so it would make sense that you can but the exact points for the exact thing you need.

what a fucking ignorant way of looking at it. :rolleyes:

it defeats the WHOLE fucking point of getting something cheap if I have to spend 4 more bucks for nothing. I have no other use for those points so it would make sense that you can but the exact point for the exact thing you need.

Mass Effect 3 is coming in March and you know they're already planning the DLC for that, so you can probably use the points towards those later on. I actually bought a couple extra in preparation of that.

But I do agree, it sucks how they deliberately price stuff so that you have points left over.

Wow to be honest i was suprised at how few games origin has on it.. i thought EA was serious about this.. you pile the "Sims" into 1 or 2 games and there really aren't that many games on it

Mass Effect 3 is coming in March and you know they're already planning the DLC for that, so you can probably use the points towards those later on. I actually bought a couple extra in preparation of that.

But I do agree, it sucks how they deliberately price stuff so that you have points left over.
well you can normally just purchase the right amount of points if you go right to Bioware sight. for the sale though it seems to only allow 800 point purchases which is silly. for Mass Effect 3, I was hoping they might do away with the silly way we have to get DLC.

I cant decide if i want to get Bulletstorm for 8 bucks and/or Crysis 2 for 16 bucks. I think I may wait until the xmas sales for those.

The obvious question is how can we use this to get a discount on BF3? OP said it doesn't work for pre-orders, but the game is officially released Tuesday. If the code is still active then it might be worth a shot.

The obvious question is how can we use this to get a discount on BF3? OP said it doesn't work for pre-orders, but the game is officially released Tuesday. If the code is still active then it might be worth a shot.

It wont be.

does it support 1680x1050? or higher?
No widescreen res. My 1280 x 720 tv is limited to 800x600 :(

The engine hasn't aged well. Looks like half life 1. Controls are a mess too. I need to totally re do them to get the game playable.

Ugh just lost a shoot out because my guy kept shooting from center ice immediately when I picked up the puck.

This game sucks. Not worth $4.

Is there a confirmed list of games that you can redeem with retail CD keys / Steam CD keys to use on Origin? Also how does Origin handle your games? Is it like Steam where if you run the game's .exe then Steam starts up as well or does the game just run?

Is there a confirmed list of games that you can redeem with retail CD keys / Steam CD keys to use on Origin? Also how does Origin handle your games? Is it like Steam where if you run the game's .exe then Steam starts up as well or does the game just run?
Origin is actually a bit better than steam because you can just launch the game exe outside of origin.

Wow to be honest i was suprised at how few games origin has on it.. i thought EA was serious about this.. you pile the "Sims" into 1 or 2 games and there really aren't that many games on it

Games from only one publisher?

Ugh just lost a shoot out because my guy kept shooting from center ice immediately when I picked up the puck.

This game sucks. Not worth $4.

EA's sports games are neglected on the PC. Only Tiger Woods and FIFA are properly supported.

Origin is actually a bit better than steam because you can just launch the game exe outside of origin.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. I like Steam but sometimes going threw the hassle of sharing my files and having to use my account on a second machine is a hassle. I just want to put my games on both of my PCs in the house and play them where I want. I have a decent list of EA games that I hope will take my retail keys just so I don't have to install from disc and then go through all the updating processes for each game. (ex. BF2 and BF2142)

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. I like Steam but sometimes going threw the hassle of sharing my files and have to use my account on a second machine is a hassle. I just want to put my games on both of my PCs in the house and play there where I want. I have a decent list of EA game that I hope will take my retail keys just so I don't have to install from disc and then go through all the updating processes for each game. (ex. BF2 and BF2142)
Oh, you can use a cloud service like windows live mesh or dropbox to keep your steam games synched between pcs.

Oh, you can use a cloud service like windows live mesh or dropbox to keep your steam games synched between pcs.

EA also has integrated a cloud system within Origin.
Game saves can be accessed from any PC you have Origin installed. No thrid-party service needed.

Also all the games you see in my library are split between two HDDs. Origin gives me the option to run certain games off the SSD and others off the HDD.

RSlHy.jpg

Last edited:
That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. I like Steam but sometimes going threw the hassle of sharing my files and having to use my account on a second machine is a hassle. I just want to put my games on both of my PCs in the house and play them where I want. I have a decent list of EA games that I hope will take my retail keys just so I don't have to install from disc and then go through all the updating processes for each game. (ex. BF2 and BF2142)

I've been trying to mention this, since I'm not sure how many people are aware, but you might not even need Origin installed. At least this was true for BC2. I downloaded it using Origin and then I uninstalled Origin, and the game still worked. I kept this way for a week until I needed Origin again for the BF3 beta, and it worked all that time.

I've been trying to mention this, since I'm not sure how many people are aware, but you might not even need Origin installed. At least this was true for BC2. I downloaded it using Origin and then I uninstalled Origin, and the game still worked. I kept this way for a week until I needed Origin again for the BF3 beta, and it worked all that time.

Wow that is pretty cool. What are the chances of creating a back up of a game downloaded from Origin as well? How is the game delivered to the PC? Is it added like Steam (already unpacked) or is it a huge installer?

Right now I really like Amazon's service. Can't say this works for all the games they offer but this past summer I bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Digital Deluxe Edition and after downloading the game it was extracted to my hard drive but still required me to install it. It was basically as if the files were dragged and dropped from a DVD image. So I made a DVD of these files and can install it from DVD if I ever have too. My interent connection isn't great (I only get 5Mbps) and downloading large files (8+GB) is a hassle. I know what I'm asking sounds shady but I just like to have the freedom to do what I want with my purchases or just back up my files in case the service for whatever reason flops. I do similar stuff with games I bought off of GFWL and it works really well you just have to extract and backup the files before GFWL installs the game because it will remove the files once the game is installed.

Last edited:
Caved on Dead Space 2. I doubt I'll ever buy Bulletstorm at any price. I refuse to support shitty games even at $5.

Wow that is pretty cool. What are the chances of creating a back up of a game downloaded from Origin as well? How is the game delivered to the PC? Is it added like Steam (already unpacked) or is it a huge installer?

Right now I really like Amazon's service. Can't say this works for all the games they offer but this past summer I bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Digital Deluxe Edition and after downloading the game it was extracted to my hard drive but still required me to install it. It was basically as if the files were dragged and dropped from a DVD image. So I made a DVD of these files and can install it from DVD if I ever have too. My interent connection isn't great (I only get 5Mbps) and downloading large files (8+GB) is a hassle. I know what I'm asking sounds shady but I just like to have the freedom to do what I want with my purchases or just back up my files in case the service for whatever reason flops. I do similar stuff with games I bought off of GFWL and it works really well you just have to extract and backup the files before GFWL installs the game because it will remove the files once the game is installed.

The game downloads into the install folder you choose in options and is ready to go (this is one advantage it has over steam in that you can choose individual locations for games). Well it might ask to install some third party programs that are required after it downloads or on first run.

I don't think there is a functional backup system yet, or at least I couldn't get it working. Checking "keep installers" in options for me didn't seem to do anything for BC2 or BF3 beta, I couldn't find any files. I've heard you can keep backups simply by copying the entire folder, but I haven't tested it.

I have a few games on Origin now, but I've only tried 2.. and one of those was the beta for Battlefield 3.

The first game I tried was Dead Space 2. When launching it from Origin, the game black screens when you try to change the resolution. You must launch the game outside of Origin to change the resolution.

The second game was the BF3 beta... which in turn launches your default browser which you then use to join a game. If you use IE, this fails. I have to launch chrome or firefox, log in, and then start the game from there.

So out of 2 games, launching from the origin client has had problems. Not such a huge issue since it is easily worked around, but goes to show you the quality of their QA... non-existant.

I had neither of those issues. Dead Space 2 has always launched fine from within Origin. BF 3 beta used IE by default for me and no problems with that either.

Alright so I placed an order for a couple of games, entered all my info and chose to pay with paypal. I then got a msg that I should get an email or something and didin't have to enter any paypal info. It's been about 20 min and I've yet to get an email? Anybody know how I get in contact with customer support? I vaguely remember something like this happening a long time ago and not getting an email.

Alright so I placed an order for a couple of games, entered all my info and chose to pay with paypal. I then got a msg that I should get an email or something and didin't have to enter any paypal info. It's been about 20 min and I've yet to get an email? Anybody know how I get in contact with customer support? I vaguely remember something like this happening a long time ago and not getting an email.

Don't know about Paypal but I entered my debit info and it took 45 minutes or so for the actual email to come in. Whole thing is ridiculous; the process should be instant. Like, you know, the competition.

You can ask EA to call you using the gears menu up top, don't know if they actually end up doing it.

Still, thanks OP, Bulletstorm and Alice 2 for $20 is nothing to complain about.

Picked up Dead Space 2 and NFS Shift 2 for $17.

Thanks for the code!

Ref BF3 Beta client launch from Origin - I had no trouble with IE in Win 7 64bit, game launched fine.

Quick FYI on the client, I started pre loading BF3 this morning, pulled down about 4GB and had to leave for work so I Paused the download hoping it would not have to start from beginning again.

Just restarted origin now and click to Resume and it did not restart, so far so good.

I do prefer Steam for now... I'll use Origin for EA if I have to but if I can wait for it on Steam in the future I will.

I bought Crysis 2 as well. My tax came out to 16 cents, so 1%. CT tax is supposed to 6.25%. Don't know what's up with that, but I'll take it.

I should have been taxed 5.5%, but had to pay an extra dollar. Maybe it is because i paid through paypal?

Back