EA Nightmare!

sugii

Limp Gawd
I decided to buy Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition from EA's website. Everything went smoothly in the account creation, it even said the account name I chose was not taken. I downloaded the game and patch through EADM (Electronic Arts Download Manager) and installed everything. It all went downhill from here...

First off the game would not load due to an anti-piracy error saying that I had to log into EADM to run the game (which was still running and I was already logged in). This went away after a few tries to run the game.

Once the game was finally open I was prompted to enter an account name and password. I assumed that this would be the same account name it told me to make during the initial account creation. So I entered it all and got the error "The password specified does not match the password assigned to the account". Oh Boy.

So I then searched the forums to no avail and had to resort to open a ticket in the EA Account Management. Keep in mind that I am already logged into EA's website. I go to the support page and it asks me to login...again so I can submit a support ticket. No, every time I enter my account name and password, it gives me an Internal Server Error. I had to first go to the EA Store website, then to Customer Support, then to Contact Us just to open a ticket.

Five hours later the ticket was accepted. Four hours later I received a reply stating they needed more account information from me before they could help me out (including email, account email, alternative email, account name, serial number for the game, and birthdate).

Thank you for providing us the information.

I made necessary changes and registered your game to your EA screen name "REMOVED1" which is associated to the email address "REMOVED2". Please login using this account and its password and you will be able to access the game.

REMOVED1 was the name of the account I created, but the email address (REMOVED2) was not my email. So I shot another ticket back stating the case. Now all I know is that I have my account info sent to another email address...

Thank you for providing us the information.

Please provide us the date of birth as listed on the "REMOVED" so that I can change your email address verifying the account ownership.

I did

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I am sorry for any inconvenience cause to you as the date of birth you have provided to us is not matching with the concerned account name "REMOVED", please make sure that this account does belong to you. If not then please please provide us new account name so that I could made necessary change.

You can also create a new account by visiting below given link:
https://account.ea.com/reg/create-acct.jsp?locale=en_US&site=eaco

Fill in the details to create a new EA Classic account name, , once you fill in all correct information you should get to the confirmation page, click "Ok" at this page.

What the hell, I'll humor them. I go and create a new account using the same email address. Once it was created I went back to the "MY ACCOUNT" to add the new "Persona" to my account.

I then crossed my fingers and opened the game. I entered the new info and the new error "This CD Key is already registered to a different account". :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So now I'm left with a new ticket and the fact that someone else has access to a brand new BF2142 account.

Congratulations on managing to screw up something so trivial. :rolleyes: hope they perma-ban u for launching yur DOS attacks on their login server. ...

Just kidding! Goodluck with your issue. BF2 is so much funner tho. :D

Back