EA Origin - Green Monday Sale, Take 40% off

I have every game I need from EA at this time. Now release Madden for PC already if your serious about PC gaming!

Can't see this at work - anyone know if the Back to Karkland thing for BF3 is included?

yeah so BF3 is now at 35 but B2K comes out in 2 days which is another $15 making the price $50.
I'm super happy with my $42 preorder at amazon :D

Tempting, but then I have to use origin...

Don't know what's up with all of the hate for Origin. I use it, Steam, Direct2Drive and Impulse all together and while I prefer Stem I'll just use whichever one has the best price at the time and that works for me. Unfortunately I don't see anything on sale today on Origin that I need or want.:mad:

I may use this to download Arkham City... $30 is hard to beat. As much as I would love to support Steam

You only have to use Origin to download the game. Once installed, you don't have to touch Origin. No matter what hoops you have to jump thru, its more than worth it for Arkham City. Easily game of the year to me. Maybe game of the decade or at least on the short list.

For $35 I went ahead and bought BF3. I was going to buy it anyway but was going to wait. For that price I couldn't pass it up.

You only have to use Origin to download the game. Once installed, you don't have to touch Origin. No matter what hoops you have to jump thru, its more than worth it for Arkham City. Easily game of the year to me. Maybe game of the decade or at least on the short list.

I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum so I'm sure I'll enjoy Arkham City. But I wouldn't go that far. Mass Effect 2 was the best game I played all year hands down. (I know, I was late getting that one.)

Yeah, I learned that when I preorded The Old Republic. whew

I have every game I need from EA at this time. Now release Madden for PC already if your serious about PC gaming!

It has been a while since they brought a football game out for PC, can only hope Origin is giving them good sales number to make them realize the PC platform is far from dead.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum so I'm sure I'll enjoy Arkham City. But I wouldn't go that far. Mass Effect 2 was the best game I played all year hands down. (I know, I was late getting that one.)

I'm with ya, I only played Mass Effect 1 and 2 this year and they are superb games but I like AC a little better I think. It takes all the great elements of AA and makes them better. You've got the same cool gadgets but you can do a little more with them like quick fire all of them instead of just the batarang. Its kinda open world so you can run around anywhere you want and beat the crap out of all the thugs you want or chase down Riddler trophies. The music, scenery and overall atmosphere are nearly perfect and really draw you in. The Catwoman side game is a blast too.

If you liked AA a lot, you will love AC and I can almost guarantee you'll have it on your short list for GOTY. ;)

I'm with ya, I only played Mass Effect 1 and 2 this year and they are superb games but I like AC a little better I think. It takes all the great elements of AA and makes them better. You've got the same cool gadgets but you can do a little more with them like quick fire all of them instead of just the batarang. Its kinda open world so you can run around anywhere you want and beat the crap out of all the thugs you want or chase down Riddler trophies. The music, scenery and overall atmosphere are nearly perfect and really draw you in. The Catwoman side game is a blast too.

If you liked AA a lot, you will love AC and I can almost guarantee you'll have it on your short list for GOTY. ;)

Let me put it this way. I've got about 40 hours or so in the original Arkham Asylum game. 55 hours in Mass Effect 1. I have 368 hours into Mass Effect 2. :eek: I am currently on my 8th full playthrough of the game.

Let me put it this way. I've got about 40 hours or so in the original Arkham Asylum game. 55 hours in Mass Effect 1. I have 368 hours into Mass Effect 2. :eek: I am currently on my 8th full playthrough of the game.

Holy shit! I thought I was into it with me 3 play thru's in 6 months. LOL.

OK, then I guarantee you'll put AC as your SECOND favorite game of the year. :D

Holy shit! I thought I was into it with me 3 play thru's in 6 months. LOL.

OK, then I guarantee you'll put AC as your SECOND favorite game of the year. :D

I got Mass Effect 2 in October of this year.

I'm enjoying ME1 and 2 as well, also a "latecomer", after finally getting both during Steam Autumn Sale. Although, for that reason, I hope ME3 comes out for Steam -- handy being able to just reinstall the single Steam client after a reformat, invoke it's "verifying integrity of game cache" thingy on a secondary drive where my Steam downloads are, and come back later and my entire game library is there ready and waiting.

But anyways, having fun with both games, still not sure which I like better. I kind of like the combat, inventory, and skills mechanics more in ME1. But various things feel more streamlined in ME2 (the unpolished planet surveying and recycled building environments from ME1 are gone, for one). The henchman quests are really engaging. And ME is one of the few games where I actually enjoy playing a female lead -- I'd rather ogle a muscled dude than play an implausibly-dressed chick.

368 hours though...damn. I don't think I've managed to put that many hours into one game, even open world ones.

I'm enjoying ME1 and 2 as well, also a "latecomer", after finally getting both during Steam Autumn Sale. Although, for that reason, I hope ME3 comes out for Steam -- handy being able to just reinstall the single Steam client after a reformat, invoke it's "verifying integrity of game cache" thingy on a secondary drive where my Steam downloads are, and come back later and my entire game library is there ready and waiting.

But anyways, having fun with both games, still not sure which I like better. I kind of like the combat, inventory, and skills mechanics more in ME1. But various things feel more streamlined in ME2 (the unpolished planet surveying and recycled building environments from ME1 are gone, for one). The henchman quests are really engaging. And ME is one of the few games where I actually enjoy playing a female lead -- I'd rather ogle a muscled dude than play an implausibly-dressed chick.

368 hours though...damn. I don't think I've managed to put that many hours into one game, even open world ones.

I hated the combat mechanics of the first game. It's too "gear centric" and the gear often looks like shit and can't be customized at all appearance wise. The combat is also extremely slow and the accuracy of virtually every weapon leaves much to be desired. The AI for your squad mates is terrible. Aside from the story, I think everything about the second one is vastly improved. I like the idea of being able to upgrade weapons, but I don't like how ME1 handled that. I much prefer how it's done in ME2, but ME3 should strike a balance between both approaches giving us mods that actually change the appearance of the weapon and stats, while being managed more easily.

I actually prefer the character interactions of a male Shepard vs. the female Shepard for the most part. There are some exceptions, but regardless it's enjoyable with either.

I hated the combat mechanics of the first game. It's too "gear centric" and the gear often looks like shit and can't be customized at all appearance wise. The combat is also extremely slow and the accuracy of virtually every weapon leaves much to be desired. The AI for your squad mates is terrible. Aside from the story, I think everything about the second one is vastly improved. I like the idea of being able to upgrade weapons, but I don't like how ME1 handled that. I much prefer how it's done in ME2, but ME3 should strike a balance between both approaches giving us mods that actually change the appearance of the weapon and stats, while being managed more easily.

I actually prefer the character interactions of a male Shepard vs. the female Shepard for the most part. There are some exceptions, but regardless it's enjoyable with either.
I kind of felt like that when I first start ME1 (like I couldn't hit anything, even when my crosshairs were right on target, and basically hated it). After I min-maxed and basically just optimized Assault Rifles and various shooting skills, the combat felt a lot more satisfying and less gimpy. I think I used double Rail Extensions (+dmg but more heat generation) + shredder or tungsten rounds depending on what I was fighting, along with spamming Master Overkill (reduces heat generation to compensate for the rail extensions, and reduces accuracy dropoff from rapid fire).

Both games are hybrid, but I think ME1 leans more towards the RPG side as far as those elements and mechanics mentioned, and I might be more attuned to that style.

I normally play as the chick in games cause I'd rather stare at a cute little ass than some hairy dude. But for ME, I use the dude cause it got a little too creepy when I was playing as fem-Shep and we were standing at the Citadel admiring the view and Alenko started hitting on me. LOL.

Plus its fun banging all the different chicks in the game. Think I'm gonna stick with Tali for ME3 though. Ashley and Miranda are just a little too bitchy to bring into another game. :D

How about no? I prefer to purchase things from reputable vendors even if I have to pay a little more to do it.

Newegg had a BF3/SSD combo deal on black friday. There's a few of the download coupons for sale in the For Sale/Trade forum, but most seem to be wanting $30 for it still. I let mine go for $20 after a week or so with no offers at $25.

I normally play as the chick in games cause I'd rather stare at a cute little ass than some hairy dude. But for ME, I use the dude cause it got a little too creepy when I was playing as fem-Shep and we were standing at the Citadel admiring the view and Alenko started hitting on me. LOL.

Plus its fun banging all the different chicks in the game. Think I'm gonna stick with Tali for ME3 though. Ashley and Miranda are just a little too bitchy to bring into another game. :D

I don't play chicks in MMO's because I get tired of guy's hitting on me thinking I'm a real girl or something. I actually had a macro setup while playing Age of Conan which typed; "I'm a guy you jackass" as I got tired of guys asking me to show them my character's tits. (Which the game will actually let you do.) Worse yet is a lot of guys will actually flirt with you sometimes in or out of character. :eek: In games like Mass Effect, it's kind of the same thing. I don't want the male NPC's to hit on me. Which they definitely do. To me that's weirder and more awkward than playing as a guy and having to see him wander around in armor or whatever. If you are actually looking at his ass "accidentally" and it "bothers" you I think you have bigger issues going on with your own sexuality that transcend the game. With a male character you have an option of 3 females which grant the Parmour achievement and you can carry over a relationship with Liara or Ashley, though you can't actually do anything with Ashley besides let her yell at you followed by an apology E-Mail. With Liara you can actually continue the relationship provided you got the Shadow Broker DLC. There is also Kelley Chambers which is available to either Male Shepard or FemShep, but relations with her do not grant the Paramour achievement either.

You can try and pursue Morinth or Samara as a male or female, but the former results in your death and the latter won't be reciprocated. So either is pointless. As I understand it you can hit on Jack as a female, but it won't go anywhere.

I wish EA sold DLC through Origin or that they would put the damn point cards on sale.

I'm assuming buying the Robin DLC through Steam would work with my Origin copy of Arkham City?

Not likely. Steam versions of a game are slightly different. Their folder structure for example is quite a bit different. Depending on how self-contained the DLC is it may be possible to copy it over to a Origin / Digital download of the same game, but I'm uncertain if that's the case. But I don't think you can actually purchase DLC through steam unless you have the full game also registered with Steam.

Dan_D said:
If you are actually looking at his ass "accidentally" and it "bothers" you I think you have bigger issues going on with your own sexuality that transcend the game.

Yeah I get the "you must be homophobic" horse shit response whenever I say that. Call me crazy but I don't think there is anything wrong with me because I'd rather watch some cute chick in a sexy outfit running thru a game rather than some big burly dude. Doesn't mean I have unresolved issues with my sexuality or whatever PC thing you can come up with. It just means chicks are hotter than dudes and given the choice, I'd rather stare at a chick. ;)

Not likely. Steam versions of a game are slightly different. Their folder structure for example is quite a bit different. Depending on how self-contained the DLC is it may be possible to copy it over to a Origin / Digital download of the same game, but I'm uncertain if that's the case. But I don't think you can actually purchase DLC through steam unless you have the full game also registered with Steam.

This...sucks. Not even if I purchase the digital copy and put the serial into Steam and download it from there? Guess I'm skipping the DLC then

This...sucks. Not even if I purchase the digital copy and put the serial into Steam and download it from there? Guess I'm skipping the DLC then

If you put the key into Steam you might be able to buy the DLC that way. As for making it work, it may be possible or it may not. I've never tried that before. I know I've used non-Steam acquired DLC's with Steam versions of games many times, but I've never tried it the other way.

If you put the key into Steam you might be able to buy the DLC that way. As for making it work, it may be possible or it may not. I've never tried that before. I know I've used non-Steam acquired DLC's with Steam versions of games many times, but I've never tried it the other way.

Well on Steam it says that the DLCs require the Steam version to play. So I'd wager on it not being possible.

Back