Earthwatts 430 with 1 pic-e connector for a GTX 460?

LordJezo

Limp Gawd
I have a Earthwatts 430 and a GTX 460, which is a card that requires two pci-e connectors. I assume that I'll need an upgrade on the PSU to one that has a proper amount of connectors? I can only guess that in the future two will become the standard and I'll need an upgrade at some point, might as well do it now.

There are $5 splitters that can get around that. I have seen GPUs that come with these. We will probably need to have info on the rest of your system to tell if 430W is enough.

Basically this..

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-athlon-ii-x3,2811.html

With a Coolermaster Centurion case, the Earthwatts 430 PSU, and a left over 460 from a previous build. Stock CPU cooler as I wont be OCing just yet, but I have a spare Arctic Cooler 7 I'll be putting on once I get the stock stuff up and running.

Modifications were made because not everything was available on Amazon, which I have Prime and doesnt charge NJ sales tax.

Would a SATA molex power supply connector to PCI-E converter plug do the trick?

A molex to PCI-E adapter would be fine, and your 460 should have come with at least one of them.

That worked perfectly. Forgot all about those adapter things. I had two spares laying around the house.

Danke.

Back