Easy way to install HL2?

swoop56

Limp Gawd
I have HL2 on CD. And when I enter cd 4 it gives me some crap about hl2.ico or something and then quits out of the install. I've tried installing from steam but it's 335 minutes. The cd is perfectly clean and it's worked once before. Which was the first time I installed it. Is there any other way?

ya just download it from steam..... dam steam and trying to stop pirates!! BASTARDS! :mad:

I would definitely recommend downloading it from Steam, which is apparently your only option at this point, but after you have it downloaded/installed, use the Backup feature in Steam to burn your cache files to CD/DVD and then the next time you have to install it, it is as simple as restoring the files from disc. No installer to worry about. ;)

I had that problem too, 80% into the install that popped up, when I tried reinstalling this time I let the checkboxes to install CS:S and also to place shortcuts on the desktop had to be checked on(seems like this is probably where the error is, seeing as its an icon file that's casuing the troubles, I just wanted to be safe and installed cs:s too)

man thos guys are smart. Soon everyone will have something like steam. The future will be great if we ever make it there..... (dam wars) it will be like the jetsons. U won't have to leave the house. everything will be sent to you through the internet. Even grocerys. U could just order online and they will be BAM just pop up in ur fridge.

*goes back to doing drugs and being a winnER! ;)

Back