Edges of 7600gt damaged

talon64

Weaksauce
On 2 corners of my card the pcb is scuffed and split a little. The card is working correctly, I just think it sucks that I paid $200 for a card that's not perfect. Anyway, should I be worried about it if it works?

tsn | spazz said:
Call support, tell em, I'm sure they'll fix you up.

Probably, just sucks I waited a week for this from the evga step up, I don't really want to wait another week. Maybe they can cross ship.

7600gt2.jpg

7600gt.jpg

Ehren8879 said:
it's nothing to worry about, dont be so picky.

Would you pay full price for a brand new car that has dents in it? I guess as long as it works it's fine, I just think it sucks.

talon64 said:
Would you pay full price for a brand new car that has dents in it? I guess as long as it works it's fine, I just think it sucks.
you don't stare at a video card all day like you do a car. that is the equivenlant to having a scratch on the engine paint.

I'd send it back. What if you have a problem with it in the future and they pull the "well it looks like you dropped it, and damage caused by the user isn't covered under the warranty" thing?

DaCoOlNeSs said:
you don't stare at a video card all day like you do a car. that is the equivenlant to having a scratch on the engine paint.

How does that matter? If there is some kind of damage to one part of the card, how do you know there isn't damage elsewhere?

Well I submitted the rma for cross shipment, I have to fax in my credit card info for them to do the cross ship. I'll call on monday to see if I can do it over the phone instead, I doubt many people have fax machines and I don't want to pay $3.50 to fax it in.

dotK said:
I'd send it back. What if you have a problem with it in the future and they pull the "well it looks like you dropped it, and damage caused by the user isn't covered under the warranty" thing?

He makes a very good point.

DaCoOlNeSs said:

Would you buy a new car at full price if it was scratched?

Coldmud said:
Would you buy a new car at full price if it was scratched?
if the outside paint was, hell no, but its the engine paint, so yeah, I probably would.

Send it back. You don't pay for something new and get something that's not or damaged.

DaCoOlNeSs said:
if the outside paint was, hell no, but its the engine paint, so yeah, I probably would.

I bet you wouldnt if you had to sell the engine in a year or two and the scratch would drop its value 30%.

stelleg151 said:
I bet you wouldnt if you had to sell the engine in a year or two and the scratch would drop its value 30%.
no, driving it off the lot would do that. :p;)

Don't waste a perfectly good card. Stuff like this just raises the prices for everyone.

Don 't waste a perfectly good card. Stuff like this just raises the prices for everyone.

Don't see how. If it's damaged, it's damaged. What if it stops working down the road and they say well how did you drop it and you say I didn't and they'll call BS. They you're screwed. I just had to RMA an eVGA to the Egg because the bracket was pulled away from the card. It may have still worked, but I wasn't going to keep it.

Are you serious? The SAME thing happened to one of mine. The bracket was all bent with the DVI connectors hanging off, plus caps broken off. I cross-shipped it with eVGA, smooth process.

[H]Opterown said:
Are you serious? The SAME thing happened to one of mine. The bracket was all bent with the DVI connectors hanging off, plus caps broken off. I cross-shipped it with eVGA, smooth process.

Did you have to fax your CC info to eVGA for the cross ship or did you tell them over the phone?

Good move to RMA....
i wouldnt keep a card with any sort of damage on it, i dont pay for new to get messed up!

Obi_Kwiet said:
Don't waste a perfectly good card. Stuff like this just raises the prices for everyone.
This is the same thing I'd say to someone who OCs their card and burns it up then RMAs it. THAT raises the cost for us and its clearly wrong. This on the other hand is not. He paid full price for the card not 95% so he should get 100% of what he paid for.

Back