Edifier S330D digital pc speakers

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
http://www.ncixus.com/products/27404/S330D/EDIFIER/

Looks like Swan is in trouble. I do see a hole in the frequency response b/w the monitors and the subwoofer. 145hz is the lowest that the monitiors will go and 125hz is the highest for the sub. Pretty common hole though. Digital optical input FTW. Swan is rca analogue only.

I believe that the Swans are probably better for music but that overall the Edifier is a better deal.

145hz is the lowest that the monitiors will go and 125hz is the highest for the sub. Pretty common hole though.

It may just have significant attenuation within those points. I'm not sure what the specific criteria is for those specifications - but I the way specifications are usually presented is extremely idealized:

idealizedfrequencyrespows7.jpg

So,

• It's common
  • It's not quite as bad as the specs make it sound
  • It's hard to escape given the price range
  • It's a good sign that the specifications are otherwise relatively honest

ashmedai you're everywhere!

These things look fucking classy, though if all else is equal the M10s still beat it out in looks. Can the sub go on the floor/elsewhere? I'm saving up for a dual monitor setup.. the M10 woofer would sit right in the middle. Plus I'm not that tall and prefer screens that sit as low as possible.

Hey I just bought one of these and they give out amazing sounds!! although I have nothing else to compare to except for my old speakers. Just wondering if there is any sound driver I should be using to adjust treble etc. These edifier definitely need a proper review.

NCIXUS.com has the product is stock so I think people in the US can buy them. I will order a set if I have funds left from my vacation :p

edit: Shipping is 32 Bucks to US.

s330d.jpg

Manual for Product

I almost feel stupid asking this, but sound quality wise: are these better than the Logitech z5500s? :p

Damn, this set sure does look nice. I'd really like to see a proper review of these, because I'm always doubtful when it comes to PC speakers. :p

I almost feel stupid asking this, but sound quality wise: are these better than the Logitech z5500s? :p

Yes. Their dual drivers trump the logitechs. They will have better midrange response which is what the logitech SUCKS at. Bass will be louder with the 5500 but not as clean as the 330s. I mean, really, both suck to me but the 330 sucks less and is priced well at least. For most people the 330s will be awesome to game with.

Yes. Their dual drivers trump the logitechs. They will have better midrange response which is what the logitech SUCKS at. Bass will be louder with the 5500 but not as clean as the 330s. I mean, really, both suck to me but the 330 sucks less and is priced well at least. For most people the 330s will be awesome to game with.

This post and your initial post contradict a little.

Perhaps the "regulars" of the Computer audio section can create a sticky with a setup for budget (0-200), midrange (200-500), and high-end (500+) systems.

Of course the prices can differ per person. Based on my intern salary, my high end of 500 dollars is probably your low end.

This post and your initial post contradict a little.

Not really, consider the price range, and that one is a relative judgment between the two while the other is with regard to any audio output device at all.

The Edifiers are really good - for the price.

Is there any place besides ncixus.com to buy the Edifier's? $30 shipping? Balls! I'll pony up $10 for shipping but $30+ seems a bit much. Or have i just been spoiled by amazon and newegg too much?

The main problem with the Edifiers in the US is availability. However, the shipping is largely because of the weight and size involved.

yeah $30 ain't much for shipping. the box is probably pretty damn big.

try $250 shipping for my speakers. that would have hurt except that I drove 2 hrs to get them to "save" on shipping.

Ah, just looked again, 15lbs. That makes sense. I've been spoiled tho too ;)

Also, companies will frequently shift cost back and forth between shipping and tag price, since all they care about is invoice price. This allows them to soften the blow of shipping or make an item appear cheaper than it really is.

Many is the time I've seen a "free shipping" special on Newegg - where they had merely raised the item price by the amount of last week's shipping fee.

I was just wondering.. If I were to get these speakers, would they sound better using my motherboard's optical out, or connecting them to a sound card via the 3.5mm cables?

Basically I use my motherboard's on-board sound and do not have a sound card, so I'm wondering if they're worth getting for use with digital input?

And a side note, does anybody know what Compu2000's "shipping promo" option is (under the section where you choose shipping) is how to get an estimate of how long it would take to deliver? Thanks.

I was just wondering.. If I were to get these speakers, would they sound better using my motherboard's optical out, or connecting them to a sound card via the 3.5mm cables?

Basically I use my motherboard's on-board sound and do not have a sound card, so I'm wondering if they're worth getting for use with digital input?

And a side note, does anybody know what Compu2000's "shipping promo" option is (under the section where you choose shipping) is how to get an estimate of how long it would take to deliver? Thanks.

Probably take a bit to deliver. With customs you can never tell. Might be a week, might be three weeks.

It should sound fine if you use the digital output on your mobo.

The bad way is to use the analogue out on your mobo. That would not sound nice.

Probably take a bit to deliver. With customs you can never tell. Might be a week, might be three weeks.

It should sound fine if you use the digital output on your mobo.

The bad way is to use the analogue out on your mobo. That would not sound nice.

Doesn't customs only come into play if its going between Canada and the U.S.? Or is it also for different provinces in Canada? Because I live in Ontario and this is being delivered from B.C. so I'm just wondering.

Thanks for the help.

is shipping more expensive on compu2000 or ncixus if I live near boston mass?

From compu2000's FAQ.

4. Does Compu2000.com offer international shipping?
Unfortunately, we do not provide international shipping at this time. We ship only within Canada.

edit: I posted this link in another thread but this one is specifically for the s330d's, so I'll post it here. I got mine in today. They sound great. Shipping from NCIX is a little risky because they ship it in the retail box, which is not uncommon, but the box has little padding. Take a look here Gallery

oh almost forgot to post my noob review. I've had some run of the mill speakers ($30 cheepies) and heard some good tv sound systems setups. So take my words with a grain of salt. ;)

But crap on a cracker these things are fucking dope! I can't even turn the dial up past halfway without feeling like it's too loud. I listen to a lot of electronic/techno/house, so it's great to finally hear the lows vibrate me just like in a club. On the midrange/high the jazz and latin stuff sounds soo sweet, it's pulling out other subtle sounds i wasn't even hearing before.

thumbs up

the downside of having good speakers is I can hear where the sound is getting cutoff from compression on low bitrates, gunna make sure everything is ripped in 320 now.

yeah jonathan is right nicxus just shipped it in retail box (saves on waste which is good/bad)

tho the fedex guy wouldn't leave the package in the back of house for 3 days since there's an alley near and people would be able to see whats being delivered. had to trek down to fedex center

glad you like them.

I thought they might do well. I just wish they were in BB so everyone could hear something decent for a change. Death to the crap.

So I'm guessing that these computer speakers would be great for watching DVDs and playing music and NOT for gaming?

So I'm guessing that these computer speakers would be great for watching DVDs and playing music and NOT for gaming?

Yeah. You are guessing.

TBONEU, it goes the other way. Gaming requires the LEAST amount of "good sound" to be ok. So when speakers do well for music, they sound great for gaming.

Thanks for the clarification.

Has anyone heard these S330D yet? How would they compare to Swan D1080MkII or Audioengine 2? Are these three in the same league? From what I read on [H], these speakers are the most desired for 2.0 to 2.1 sound. I'm definitely NOT an audio guy so any help is always appreciated.

Not sure of Audioengine 2 but these are definitely inferior to Swan D1080MkII. However, the Edifier come with a subwoofer and the 1080 already cost over $80 more than the Edifier. So you're looking at about $300-$400 total for the 1080 and a sub (which the 1080 need) while the Edifier are a full 2.1 at less than $100 at listed price (probably $150ish with shipping).

how do these compare to the harman kardon soundsticks II? I can get the harmans for almost half the price.

How about these speakers compared to the m-audio AV-40? which is better?

Depends on your situation. If you have a good quality DAC and subwoofer, M-Audio AV40 probably be better. Otherwise, these are better.

I'm selling my z-5500's for a good 2.1 set. My budget is $240 and can go a bit higher IF absolutely necessary.

I'm leaning towards the edifiers + Xonar DX. good choice? Should I get something cheaper like the HT omega striker that comes with more inputs and digital wire? or is the analog on the xonar gonna sound better than the internal dac of the edifier?

Back