EEE Replacement?

sharkapult

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at selling off my modded EEE 701 w/ touch screen.

Likely for an X61T, as I loved the touchscreen, and am looking for a bigger, more versatile touchscreen.

But, I'm curious if there are any other opinions on a small laptop to look at instead.

Already have a 15" and a 17", so I'm wanting to stay 12.1" or under, maybe 13.3" at most

Price, $1200 or less.

The HP 2133 is a 8.9" non touchscreen that's about 1 inch wider than the EE with a keyboard going to the very edge, giving 92% size keys vs the EEE's 80ish percent.. The only downer is that it's using the VIA C7 CPU which means that @1.6ghz it's really not any faster than the EEE's celeron. The top model has IIRC 2gb of ram, a 120GB, a 4hr battery, vista business, and costs $750. The lower spec and linux models all only have 2hrs. :(

Look at fujitsu, they've been making babylaptops for years. IIRC they have a few models in your price range.

the Sony TZ series w/ 11.1" screens is nice. the latest models have dual core intel cpus, and optional SSDs. the HP2133s look cool, but i wound up getting an eee 900 (my first eee too) instead because of the SSD, lower price, smaller size and weight, and great community support. as DanNeely mentioned, Fujitsu is definitely worth looking at - they've been doing it for years, and have tons of cool features. their 5.6" model can be had for $800-900 NIB if you shop around. the sony 4.5" UMP is really cool, and has a ton of features, but the $2500 price tag is a bit much.

Back