eh...

teapotman

n00b
i just bought a 1900XT and i was going to use this with my conroe rig... should i have waited for all that DX10 and new video cards and stuff?

I personally am waiting for the R600 to come out before I build my next computer.

R600 should, hopefully, be out before December. So...

Considering you have to wait a month anyways, why didn't you wait atleast a month before you bought your video card?

lol i dont noe maybe i should of waited ... but i still have alot of money left i could build 2 :D

The x1900XT will do high settings in most games for the next 6-8 months. You could always flash it to an XTX for an added boost.

I agree , dont worry and be happt , the chances are you will buy a DX10 card when you know you will need it, and that is not going to happen at least another year, probably two the way things are looking. :)

The card you have is not very far from the 360 chip , so i wouldnt worry.

Games are going to get good but not that good

Let me put it this way. I have used the same 9500pro since it first hit the shelves at the BB that I worked at. Until recently the card has been great and the only reason that I am just now upgrading is because everything in my system is 5+yrs old and needs to be upgraded. I could probably use the 9500pro in the ASrock board that I will be receiving today, but I decided to upgrade to a 7600GS while I was at upgrading the rest of the computer. You now have one of the top of the line cards. Believe you will not NEED to upgrade for quite some time, wanting to is another story.

Back