Eheim 1260 pump. Is it to much?

[RIP]Zeus

2[H]4U
I just bought the Eheim 1260 pump and got it in today....

I then go and put it in the tub and it starts shooting water up about 5 to 6 feet high........ :eek:

Now would this pump be to much for a Triple Rad, DD TDX, and for the DD NV-78

The older pump i had was it's smaller brother the 1250....So does anyone thing this is TO MUCH? or will it ok with those parts?

There's no such thing as too much! Heck, people use Iwaki's (industrial pumps, insanely powerful) with this stuff. Heck, a more powerful pump for the most part is a GOOD thing :)

Just wondering... thnx

i have been reading forums on this pump and i am getting mixed feelings...

also understand noise is not a problem with me...

plus i love this pump already LOL :D

No, its fine. More flow is always a good thing, so the more powerful the pump the better. What you have to keep in mind though, the more powerful the pump, the more heat its going to dump into your loop. As long as you have a system capable of getting rid of that added heat, your fine. In your case, a triple radatior is plenty for CPU + GPU. Thats a good pump, and should suite you well.

And if you ever want to convert your computer into a large table table top fountain... you're set :rolleyes:

Arcygenical said:
And if you ever want to convert your computer into a large table table top fountain... you're set :rolleyes:

LOL

hmmmmm don't give me idea's lol :D

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
With your triple rad you'll be able to remove any heat that your pump creates with no problems. sounds good :cool:

Agreed...as long as the rad is setup with some efficient fans you should be good to go. Have fun with 'er man. :)

is 6 120mm 190CFM fans ok???

heheh

I guess you can say i am overkill for the overclock..... ya ya lame ;)

[RIP]Zeus said:
is 6 120mm 190CFM fans ok???

heheh

I guess you can say i am overkill for the overclock..... ya ya lame ;)

Good lord, if you're running those fans @ 12v I know just what you're dealing with. My 120x38 Delta was a beast, 220cfm @ 12v...so I can only imagine having 6 similar fans on a single rad.

You're right, it does sound like overkill...but it can't hurt the performance...so have at 'er bro...and have fun. :D

I shall have fun.... And i will post a update on when i get all this in...

Also i got a new case to. So we will see what happens in the next few days :D

[RIP]Zeus said:
I shall have fun.... And i will post a update on when i get all this in...

Also i got a new case to. So we will see what happens in the next few days :D

What case did you end up going with?

I'm just wondering.. Why not an Iwaki or two? That would rule so hard. Long range waterfights, enough power to (once the appropriate attachments are put in) make your own waterjet.

Also, try an Aqua Computer airplex EVO 1800. 15 fans.

Bbq said:
I'm just wondering.. Why not an Iwaki or two? That would rule so hard. Long range waterfights, enough power to (once the appropriate attachments are put in) make your own waterjet.

You would have to lead the inlet into a swimming pool to keep it supplied with water :D

ahahhaa

so true though...

I will be posting pics soon.... so keep a look out.. :D

meh.....the 1260 is par with the danner that i run. as a watercooling pump, it works.

i just wonder what you would have thought running something like the D5 with even more head and a even higher water jet.

all of that flow means that you don't have to worry too much about air pockets being trapped in you sytem. it'll turn any air in the loop into foam for your res or T-line to remove.

just make sure that your res is up to the task, or run a T-line.

i really question your choice of fans.....i just hope that you don't leave the system running 24/7 since hearing loss is a bitch to deal with........

meh.....the 1260 is par with the danner that i run. as a watercooling pump, it works.

yeah man...nice pump all around.

i really question your choice of fans.....i just hope that you don't leave the system running 24/7 since hearing loss is a bitch to deal with........

Yeah, I don't really see it as being worth the OC if you lose one of your primary senses. :p

DFI Daishi said:

i just wonder what you would have thought running something like the D5 with even more head and a even higher water jet.

all of that flow means that you don't have to worry too much about air pockets being trapped in you sytem. it'll turn any air in the loop into foam for your res or T-line to remove.

just make sure that your res is up to the task, or run a T-line.

I was just about to recommend the same thing. I initially thought the 1260 was just a slightly modded 1250 (if at all). But I decided to lookup the specs and according to eheim's site, it's a bit more powerful than the 1250 and even the D5.

http://www.eheim.com/universal.htm
It has a 12.1ft max head and 634 gph flow.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, I don't really see it as being worth the OC if you lose one of your primary senses. :p

Come on, the only worthy OC is one that makes you lose at least one of your primary senses. Two if you REALLY know what you're doing.

:p

I was just about to recommend the same thing. I initially thought the 1260 was just a slightly modded 1250 (if at all). But I decided to lookup the specs and according to eheim's site, it's a bit more powerful than the 1250 and even the D5.

Even if it is/was a little "stronger" then the D5...I'd still take the D5 because a 12v pump is always more convenient, and the D5 (and pretty much all 12v pumps) are much smaller than anything Eheim can offer. It depends on the case, but in many cases (no pun intended) size is very important.

Come on, the only worthy OC is one that makes you lose at least one of your primary senses. Two if you REALLY know what you're doing.

Riiiiiight. :rolleyes: :p

Noise is not a big deal to me...

My whole comp room is a noisey hell hole... but i don't care..

I got fans from 80mm tornado's to 120mm 190 CFM beefcakes...

Plus i get a 7.1 system that drowns out anything else lol...

Noise is no big problem... hell it's not even a problem for me... my thing is if i can't hear it. it's not working right :D

[RIP]Zeus said:
Noise is not a big deal to me...

My whole comp room is a noisey hell hole... but i don't care..

I got fans from 80mm tornado's to 120mm 190 CFM beefcakes...

Plus i get a 7.1 system that drowns out anything else lol...

Noise is no big problem... hell it's not even a problem for me... my thing is if i can't hear it. it's not working right :D

interesting school of thought...doesn't fit me very well though. I remember having 4 80mm Tornado's at 12v in my first Lian-Li PC-65 and it was a fricken nightmare. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
interesting school of thought...doesn't fit me very well though. I remember having 4 80mm Tornado's at 12v in my first Lian-Li PC-65 and it was a fricken nightmare. :p

heheh....

I have over 10 machines here in my comp room here at home...

My servers are the loudest.. I been doing water cooling and heavy air cooling for 10 years.. it's not really bothersome to me :D

[RIP]Zeus said:
heheh....

I have over 10 machines here in my comp room here at home...

My servers are the loudest.. I been doing water cooling and heavy air cooling for 10 years.. it's not really bothersome to me :D

Most likely you've just grown accustomed to it...but the loudest cooling solution I've actually held onto for any length of time in the last 5 years was my Tt Volcano 7 s462 cooler...so I'm a little more touchy. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Most likely you've just grown accustomed to it...but the loudest cooling solution I've actually held onto for any length of time in the last 5 years was my Tt Volcano 7 s462 cooler...so I'm a little more touchy. :p

heheh

Well just wait till you get into a data center :D

I maintaine over 2000+ servers... and that room is LOUD... :eek:

[RIP]Zeus said:
heheh

Well just wait till you get into a data center :D

I maintaine over 2000+ servers... and that room is LOUD... :eek:

That's a little beyond me as to what it would sound/look like...must be fun. :p

Loudest would probubly have been my old server.. 4 120x79 delta's, and 2 120x38 delta's. It was so loud, I could hear it half a block away.

Bbq said:
Loudest would probubly have been my old server.. 4 120x79 delta's, and 2 120x38 delta's. It was so loud, I could hear it half a block away.

Holy crap man that's nuts. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's long gone, it was an old dual P2 400. I've upgraded to dual opty's, and it's all yate loon/nexus fans, and super quiet.

Bbq said:
It's long gone, it was an old dual P2 400. I've upgraded to dual opty's, and it's all yate loon/nexus fans, and super quiet.
still, the notion of having 4 of those rotor over rotor delta monstrosities in the same room, let alone the same computer, is reason for pause, in my books.

incidently.....i want one for my collection one of these days......it would rest on a shelf of honor along with my books on the history of fans. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
So when are the pics coming? :)

When the case comes in... i will get some pics for you guys...

I'm going to have a step by step setup of my new box =]

[RIP]Zeus said:
When the case comes in... i will get some pics for you guys...

I'm going to have a step by step setup of my new box =]

Nice stuff, hopefully I can get ahold of a cheapy digicam for when I start putting my new baby together. :)

Back