Eizo Foris FS2333

I'm asking because the Flatpanelshd review said this :

So i deduced that the new FS2333 had a better coating than the old FS2332.

I think they were simply remembering wrong.
Maybe some other Eizo had "issues". (it is actually the traditional way of AG for IPS)

The FS2332 and 2333 both have Samsung PLS IPS with Samsung's own light coating solution.

ok than you for answer, have you ever had or seen both models ?

fs2333 coating can be ever more ligh ?

I don't see any rainbow effects, or grainy effects on my fs2333. The IPS glow would be more noticeable. My last monitor had a AT-W polarizer in it, but was extremely slow.

Can anyone with an FS2333 confirm whether hardware calibration is possible on this monitor? By that I mean using EasyPix or some other software like basICColor to program an internal LUT in the monitor. EasyPix claims to perform 'hardware calibration' and the FS2333 is on its compatibility list, but I haven't been able to find a straight answer about whether this is actually 'true' hardware calibration of an LUT in the monitor or something different.

It supports DDC/CI, yes. Eizo EasyPix and LUT calibration is advertised on Eizo's site. Only Windows support. And I can't speak to it's benefit's or not. I use ColorEyes on Win 7 and Mac OS X but so far only i1 Display Pro and .icc profiling. Have not tried the HW LUT because my results have been so good and the default LUT is pretty damn spot on already.
"EIZO EasyPIX lets professionals in graphic design, CAD animation, and digital photography get predictable color from select EIZO FlexScan and FORIS monitors through hardware calibration." ColorEyes does it as well as they utilize the Eizo protocol that is slightly different than standard DDC/CI.

Last edited:
Thanks - Eizo also confirmed directly to me that it was true hardware calibration (albeit not as sophisticated as in the ColorEdge models) so I hope that's true. I've ended up ordering two of them (price on the Fnatic website is ridiculously low, under 300 euro each), so I'll find out soon enough and report back if anyone's interested in the results.

Are there any direct American resellers so I don't have to pay so much in shipping?

I called my area rep and got it shipped to a specialty photo place where I live that sells ColorEdge stuff (Eizo's big buck display's) They had like 40 at the time in customs. Find a local Eizo dealer and get it from them. I got it for $400.00 US.

Realistically I will never use any of the overdrive settings or any of the other stuff. I mean, even without the "gaming" features on, it's still just find for most gaming, right? Does Eizo have another model that uses the same panel/internals, but doesn't have the extra fluff?

Realistically I will never use any of the overdrive settings or any of the other stuff. I mean, even without the "gaming" features on, it's still just find for most gaming, right? Does Eizo have another model that uses the same panel/internals, but doesn't have the extra fluff?

OD at standard is what I use. The actual "advanced" setting is unusable. I don't use any of the other fluff either but a HW calibrated 10-bit LUT with >0.8ms of lag plus 4ms average pixel response is good as is no fluff. Foris is their cheapest already. You maybe can find a slower flexscan but you'll pay more money for less display. Foris is a bastard hybrid from what I can gather. They may use the same PLS panel in another 23" but it won't have the same internals.

Yeah, you're right. I had a hell of a time finding one, but I B&H just happened to have one in stock, and I grabbed it. Should be here next week, unless it wasn't REALLY in stock. I'm a bit worried this is just one someone sent back that's half jacked up since they only had one. :p

Last edited:

Eizo had an older model PLS, the 2332, but not sure if it still can be purchased. And it probably wouldn't be much cheaper anyway.

Has anyone tried ordering one from Fnatic? I recall people ordering the older model from them at a decent price. But I don't know if they still ship overseas.

Another option is hunting down one of the announced Samsung 23" PLS models. It won't have the same electronics as this Eizo, but it should be a similar (or same) panel and be cheaper.

Seems like it was real. The monitor is actually on its way, almost as slowly as possible via UPS ground. We'll see how it goes.

Just received my Eizo FS2333 today. Upgrading from an NEC 20WMGX2.

It's gorgeous! I would really like to calibrate it, but I don't have a hardware calibrator handy.

Screen uniformity is superb. All the pixels work. Color is great! Gonna try out some games soon.

That's what I like about Eizo, cost more, but zero headaches, especially if you import

really doubt that an IPS can beat PVA contrast :)

Yeah. That is impossible right now. VA still black depth and contrast king.
I get calibrated static contrasts of 945-970:1 @ 140cd/m2. I don't trust any other measurements. Profiled with i1 Pro. No xtra settings like "contrast enhancer" or all that rubbish. Still much better than the aging 480:1 I was getting with my NEC. I can upload a profile for OS X or Win 7 if anyone wants. But, of course, it wont be accurate or anything for your exact display. 1st thing to do is knock your blue down to 87-88. Keep R,G at 100 and i1 tells me it is perfect white.

Upon watching a movie, with lots of blacks, it turns out the lighting uniformity is not so good. There's a little blacklight bleed in the upper right, but there is quite a large lighter patch on the lower left. Not sure if it's acceptable or not.

Are you sure that is bleed and not IPS glow from the off angle corner viewing? My corners are a little lighter but are deep black once seen more straight-on. Of course you could have one with some bleed. I only have mine to compare. At least Eizo will understand that it is not acceptable if you feel as such.

Yeah. That is impossible right now. VA still black depth and contrast king.
I get calibrated static contrasts of 945-970:1 @ 140cd/m2. I don't trust any other measurements. Profiled with i1 Pro. No xtra settings like "contrast enhancer" or all that rubbish. Still much better than the aging 480:1 I was getting with my NEC. I can upload a profile for OS X or Win 7 if anyone wants. But, of course, it wont be accurate or anything for your exact display. 1st thing to do is knock your blue down to 87-88. Keep R,G at 100 and i1 tells me it is perfect white.

your profile is good for your monitor, not for the others.

your profile is good for your monitor, not for the others.

"But, of course, it wont be accurate or anything for your exact display."
I am all too aware of this. I just offered as it may be better than nothing if a colorimeter is unavailable.
I'd rather have slightly better wrong color than wrong wrong color.

Are you sure that is bleed and not IPS glow from the off angle corner viewing? My corners are a little lighter but are deep black once seen more straight-on. Of course you could have one with some bleed. I only have mine to compare. At least Eizo will understand that it is not acceptable if you feel as such.

Changing the viewing angle of the affected area doesn't reduce the lightness very much, so I'm not so sure if it's just off angle IPS glow; but it encompasses almost half the entire bottom left quadrant of the monitor. And I can tell a slight discoloration on white backgrounds.

Unfortunately, I got almost the last one in the country (that I could find), so even if B&H replaces it, it'll be a week or two before any are in stock.

"But, of course, it wont be accurate or anything for your exact display."
I am all too aware of this. I just offered as it may be better than nothing if a colorimeter is unavailable.
I'd rather have slightly better wrong color than wrong wrong color.

personally I prefer no color profile than a color profile of another monitor, generally
are better the default settings than a calibrated settings of another monitor. :)

personally I prefer no color profile than a color profile of another monitor, generally
are better the default settings than a calibrated settings of another monitor. :)

I have found the opposite to be true. But then I am usually working on color in OS X. Oh well... :cool:
I am usually the one scolding the profile requests, lol.

Changing the viewing angle of the affected area doesn't reduce the lightness very much, so I'm not so sure if it's just off angle IPS glow; but it encompasses almost half the entire bottom left quadrant of the monitor. And I can tell a slight discoloration on white backgrounds.

Unfortunately, I got almost the last one in the country (that I could find), so even if B&H replaces it, it'll be a week or two before any are in stock.

Bummer. I would get a new one still as that will bother you the entirety of it's life (assumption). Discoloration should not be happening at all glow or not.
Not that it is a great cross section but I do not have this uniformity issue. So it shouldn't be too prevalent. Unless the reviewers and myself got the only good ones, which I doubt.

It's strange - I just bought two FS2333s (from Fnatic, for the person who was wondering earlier if they were legit) and one has almost perfect backlight uniformity while the other is terrible. Fortunately they both have good colour uniformity which is my main concern.

Yeah, it almost makes it more frustrating because otherwise the monitor is so perfect.

You are right. I just reread the manual. only certain resolutions like 640*480, 800*600, and 1280*720, can be put at 75hz on the VGA input.

As a heads up, Adorama seems to have the FS2333 in stock. Grab it while you can, because stock will not be replenished until April sometime.

B&H finally received a shipment (of three monitors) this week, and has shipped my replacement out oh so slowly via UPS ground. I will let you know if this one lacks the terrible backlight bleed.

Update:

I received my replacement FS2333, and it's pretty nice. The back light bleed is much better, in fact uniformity is near perfect. IPS glow is pretty bad, though, but I supposed that is to be expected. From a dead center viewing, the bottom left corner has a glow that goes away at different angles. Although the glow pops up in other places.

One strange question. The box/packaging has a distinct smell that I've never experienced before. It is a peppery smell that's unlike any new electronics smell I've encountered. The original packaging was the same. Does anyone know this scent?

One strange question. The box/packaging has a distinct smell that I've never experienced before. It is a peppery smell that's unlike any new electronics smell I've encountered. The original packaging was the same. Does anyone know this scent?

S%252526B%252520%2525E7%2525B4%252585%2525E8%2525BE%2525A3%2525E6%2525A4%252592%2525E7%2525B2%252589.jpg

Question for the Eizo owners. I received my FS2333 a couple of days ago, but something really bothers me...

There is a 'smoothing' setting in the OSD that is set to 3. It's kind of like an built-in anti aliasing. The worst part is that you can NOT change thr smoothing setting in native resolution. I find this annoying because a game like BF3 looks really murky and reduces visibility... it kind of forces me to use the gaming gadgets. Also, I prefer crisp text in Windows... not the smooth letters.

The ONLY way to lower smoothness to 1 is to lower your resolution.. which is ofcourse not a really attractive option. Am I missing something here? Why does Eizo force this setting upon us?

Back