EK-FC88 GT/GTS (g92) Acetal - where can i get a missing gasket?

LOUISSSSS

Limp Gawd
I've been given the offer to receive the "EK-FC88 GT/GTS (G92) Acetal" (free from jab-tech, THANKS JOHN!

The missing gasket (o-ring) for it is in the mail from EK direct.

How does this full cover block add up to other gpu only/full cover blocks for the 8800gt on the market? is it the top dog?

is it too restrictive to be used in the same loops as a GTZ/MCR320QP?

Last edited:
I'm sureif you send so an email they will get a new seal to you, they ship to the us and it is not that expensive

If you look at the picture of the block and other EK full-cover GPU blocks, you'll see the main portion (in which the liquid flows through) is a separate piece from the mosfet/VRM portion which is usually the black anodized aluminum. The aluminum portion is attached via screws to the main portion and since no liquid flows through the aluminum, no corrosion protection is necessary.

ive updated my original post, i'm just awaiting my o-ring now but would like to have the questions in the OP answered

I'm using one of these on an 8800GT in my second rig. They are very nice blocks that's for sure. I can't give you any exact flow numbers or anything but the design certainly looks pretty free-flowing. It's in a loop with a CPU and full Chipset and Mosfet coolers and the flow, judging from the activity in my res and the temps still definitely seems adequate. This is all with a DD CPX-Pro pump.

cool, since its working for you in a single loops with other blocks, i should be fine in the same loop as my gtz.

It will all of course depend on what pump and rad you are using what what CPU you are trying to cool, etc. but it definitely could work.

It will all of course depend on what pump and rad you are using what what CPU you are trying to cool, etc. but it definitely could work.

it will be in the exact same loop & rig as in my sig. how do you think it'll do. room temps at 75F. estimated GPU load/idle times?

I think it'll do fine in that loop but I couldn't even begin to estimate what your temps would be.

Under the test conditions this indicates that the MCR320 can dissipate in excess of 400 Watts while maintaining a 10°C temperature differential between the coolant and the ambient air.

Above from Swiftech's site on that rad.

Your 6600 if OCed and at full load might put out 150W -175 watts and if I remember correctly and I likely do not, that G92 8800 puts out about 100W so call it a very overestimated 300W of heat you are trying to get rid of, if Swiftechs statement above is correct and all else remains the same meaning flow rate is not severely impacted by the new block, your temps should change very little if that rad is as good as Swifttech says it is.

Take note of your core temps now @ some ambient under load using something like 3d mark (so the vid card gets exercised) and again after the addition of the new block and let us know. It would be of great interest to me at least as I think most rad recommendations given here are way over the top as to what is really needed. However in fairness, rad prices have dropped so much that it is IMO silly not to buy as much rad as you can cram in the box and I see few posts that actually come back and report accuratley how a change to the loop affected performance.

Back