Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Announced

beanman101283

2[H]4U
The official expansion for Oblivion has been announced. Looks like it'll be a crazy madhouse in Sheogorath's domain. I can't wait. Looks like i'll have to pick up this and finally get around to getting the Knights of the Nine collection. I think it says a lot though that i haven't rushed out to get KotN simply because i feel like i already have tons of stuff to do in the original game. Anyway, I'm excited for this.

I just hope this new realm isn't a carbon copy of the Oblivion realm. That would be a let down. The worst part of Oblivion, imo, was Oblivion.

Excellent!
I already finished KotN and it was awesome. I still have lots of stuff to do in the game, although I already completed all the main guilds + the main quest.

Can't wait for Shivering Isles! :)

Sweet :cool:

Thanks for the link. Looks like I won't be leaving Cyrodiil for a while...:p

Yeah, i thought i was done with the game, but then i reinstalled it when i read some of the other threads in here about the newer mods that are out. It looks like my 360 may be collecting dust for the next few months. :p

Sheogorath's quest was highly entertaining, so i'm glad that press release mentions the mix of creative fun and psychotic evil that he seems to represent. I remember his quest in Morrowind was was pretty nuts too (killing a creature with a fork, as i recall).

Yeah, i thought i was done with the game, but then i reinstalled it when i read some of the other threads in here about the newer mods that are out. It looks like my 360 may be collecting dust for the next few months. :p

Sheogorath's quest was highly entertaining, so i'm glad that press release mentions the mix of creative fun and psychotic evil that he seems to represent. I remember his quest in Morrowind was was pretty nuts too (killing a creature with a fork, as i recall).

Yeah, Fork of Horripilation. It's the most underpowered unique artifact in the game. It takes a while to kill the creature with it... :)

Sweet, I just started playing again and I was going to go pick up the Knights of the Nine. Now there is going to be a crap load of things still to do, awesome.

From the Elder Scrolls website FAQ:

FAQ said:
When will Shivering Isles be available?
The worldwide release will be this Spring. We’ll announce the specific release date as we get closer to release.

Is it just for PC, or for Xbox 360 too?
Shivering Isles will be available for both Windows and Xbox 360. The Windows version will only be available in stores. The Xbox 360 version will be available for download via Xbox Live. A retail version is not possible for the 360 at this time. Both versions will be released simultaneously, worldwide.

Will localized versions be available?
Yes, it will be localized into French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

Is this just another gate to Oblivion like the ones in the main quest?
No. Oblivion is made of lots of planes, one for each Daedric Prince. Oblivion featured the fiery realm of Mehrunes Dagon. The Shivering Isles is the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. It’s a place unlike anything you’ve seen in Oblivion.

How big is Shivering Isles?
Shivering Isles is about ¼ the size Cyrodiil, where Oblivion takes place.

How many hours of gameplay should I expect?
About 30 hours of new content, including an all new main quest -- in addition to miscellaneous quests you can complete, lots of landscape to explore, dungeons to discover, etc.

Do I have to create a new character to play Shivering Isles?
Shivering Isles works with your existing save game/character from Oblivion, or you can start a new game of Oblivion and create a new character just for Shivering Isles.

Can I continue my quests in Oblivion once I start Shivering Isles?

You can go back and forth between Oblivion and Shivering Isles with your character whenever you like.

Will it be available for the PLAYSTATION®3 system?
It is our intention to make it available for PLAYSTATION 3 this year, but no release date has been set.

"Shivering Isles is about ¼ the size Cyrodiil, where Oblivion takes place."

SWEET !

That's a pretty massive expansion, if the Shivering Isles have the same amount of content per area as the original game.

Yes! Another reason to upgrade my rig! KotN was such a good buy, so I cannot wait to pick this up!

I love how Bethesda keeps working to make this game better and better!:D

I'm betting on either Summerset Isles or the Black Marsh for part V. There seemed to be a lot of news from those provinces in IV.

Jeebus I just bought this game I think Ill never finish haha

I know what you mean, I've played this over 65 hours already. The Knights of the Nine brought me back to the game and Shivering Isles will invigorate the game again.

Jeebus I just bought this game I think Ill never finish haha

That's why this game rocks.
200 hours of gameplay out of the box for $50 ? I'm sold.
I currently have 180 hours and I still have lots of stuff to do. 8 of those hours, were spent with Knights of the Nine.

I loved Morrowind expansions. Bloodmoon was amazing, but I simply loved how the storyline, from the orignal game, evolved in Tribunal. The ending was jaw dropping to me.

As for Oblivion, Knights of the Nine was awesome and I can only hope Shivering Isles is as good.
1/4 of the size of Cyrodiil ? IIRC, until now, I was only able to explore about 1/2 of Cyrodiil, so these are very good news indeed.

Not to stray to far off topic,

Where is the quest for Sheogorath? I have been driving myself nuts trying to find all the avatars. Just a general location on the map would suffice.

Thanks

Not to stray to far off topic,

Where is the quest for Sheogorath? I have been driving myself nuts trying to find all the avatars. Just a general location on the map would suffice.

Thanks

I know I've done that quest but I can't remember exactly where the shrine is off the top of my head.

Edit: Just did a quick google search and came up with this...

Map of Cyrodiil

It looks like the shrine is in between Bravil and Leyawiin, on the Western side of the river

Yeah I know...It's what I could come up with in a quick search. It took a minute but I was actually able to find Sheogorath's shrine... :)

I gues they thought that alphabetical order made more sense than numerical in this case :confused:

While the map is confusing as hell. It is appreciated non the less
I have what i need

Thanks

his shrine is between bravil and leyawiin on the left side closer to bravil than leyawiin

Looking forward to Shivering Isles. Do u recommend getting "Knights of the Nine" at this point? I am ~165 hours into Oblivion and am still checking things out. Great game.

Looking forward to Shivering Isles. Do u recommend getting "Knights of the Nine" at this point? I am ~165 hours into Oblivion and am still checking things out. Great game.

I picked up Knights of the Nine the other night finally. I can't really do the quest since my character is a murdering, thieving bastard. ;) But i went to where it starts and talked to the first character and it definitely sounds interesting. Sounds like you learn a lot more about the Ayleids. I'll probably start a new character for that quest. At least i get all of the other downloadable content on the disk as well.

Knights of the Nine is worth every penny of the money, and not just because of the new faction quests.

The Spell Tomes mod is fantastic! I love getting spells for free, plus the books just look awesome.

The only hose mod I have messed with so far is the vile lair, for my Vampirirc Wood Elf, who is the Listener :D I love the minion that comes with it.

The other house mods look very attractive, especially the thieve's den, which I am looking forward to messing with. (side note, I wish there was some way that, once you become the Grey Fox, you could go give other thieves quests so you could get a little extra income...or magic items. EIther way ;) )

I do have to say that the horse armor mod, I know a lot of people may diagree, but frankly it blows. Now if it was a horse armor with saddlebags and mounted combat mod, then we'd talk!

Finally the mehrunes' razor quest look intriguing...haven't started it yet, but will very soon.

GO BUY IT; Mantoc wills it! :D

I think if bethesda stopped making ES games, many kittens would die. Though not without their faults, these games are one of the few truly great PC gaming experiences.

Finally the mehrunes' razor quest look intriguing...haven't started it yet, but will very soon.

GO BUY IT; Mantoc wills it! :D

Ah the Mehrunes Razor mission is one of the best and probably the longest underground quest to date.

Ah the Mehrunes Razor mission is one of the best and probably the longest underground quest to date.

I'm trekking out there at the moment. It's out in the middle of nowhere, and i haven't explored anything out that way with this character yet so i'm clearing out all the caves, ruins, and mines i find along the way and selling stuff when i get over-encumbered. I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on that weapon.

I read somewhere that they are planning on adding Shivering Isles, as well as all the extra official content into the PS3 release.

Let's just hope there is still room on those BRs to make multiple copies to keep the loading time comparable to the Xbox 360. :rolleyes:

Back