Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

The only thing really annoying me at present is...no way to smith arrows!

Keep running out of the durn things. I'm a pretty good smith, and crafting my own armor and weapons (or, at least, improving them) is pretty cool, but...why no arrows? I can make ENDLESS daggers, but it's ARROWS I need!

Player gets Adept and Expert perks.

Player is happy! :p

Do you not have to get perks in order? They look like trees, so i figured perks connected in such a fashion were pre-req's... but shit if you could take each perk on its own? Boy would that unlock a lot of other possible specializations!

Last edited:
Is this a potion exploit?

Can somebody please try making a potion of Imp Stool, Mora Tapinella & Jarrin Root?

I just tried and its saying Causes 2840 points of poison damage & 14 more over 10 seconds.

I wasn't even wearing my Fortify Alchemy armour set. :D

Might be a bug, its crashing every few minutes.

Last edited:
heres my lvl 40 Dark elf Assassin.

i just decided to start using the shield the solitude guards use cause i thikn it looks pretty cool and its not oversized its just a shame its heavy armor so i need to start getting myblock up and heavy armor skill to make it a bit better heh its not exactly a super high starting stat wise shield either but ive got it enchanted for +40% Block damage reduction and +46% shock resist. and i havnt found dissenchantable versions of the gloves and boots im wearing to get those enchants on some better tier gear :( im not too upset tho i thik it looks nice with the red gloves and boots with the red shield.

tesv2011111703071319.jpg

Keep running out of the durn things. I'm a pretty good smith, and crafting my own armor and weapons (or, at least, improving them) is pretty cool, but...why no arrows? I can make ENDLESS daggers, but it's ARROWS I need!

I pickpocket mine from guards. GREAT source of pickpocket skill and arrows. Sure it's only 10-15 at a time, and sure they are steel, but I usually have a couple hundred handy because I pickpocket so much.

If you see people practicing archery in the game you can walk over to the targets and pick up the arrows for free, too. They're lootable and from an apparently inexhaustible supply.

I'm already level 5, is there any way to slow leveling down? Also, and I didn't realize this thread was here before I went looking for a discussion thread, but can anyone tell me if trying to:

A) Join the Legion (I followed the Legion guard in the starting area not knowing I had a choice)
B) Help the Gray Mane clan
C) Joining the Companions in Whiterun

Will put me at odds with the rest of my choices? I just want to know if I need to roll back to an old save or start over. Thanks.

I'm already level 5, is there any way to slow leveling down? Also, and I didn't realize this thread was here before I went looking for a discussion thread, but can anyone tell me if trying to:

A) Join the Legion (I followed the Legion guard in the starting area not knowing I had a choice)
B) Help the Gray Mane clan
C) Joining the Companions in Whiterun

Will put me at odds with the rest of my choices? I just want to know if I need to roll back to an old save or start over. Thanks.

i think the only choice that affects other factions is joining the legion prevents you from joining the stormcloaks.

and joining the storm cloaks prevents you from joining the legion.

other than that it wont have any bearing on your other choices.

since the Storm cloaks and the legion are at war with each other you pick a side of the war to partake in.

Do you not have to get perks in order? They look like trees, so i figured perks connected in such a fashion were pre-req's... but shit if you could take each perk on its own? Boy would that unlock a lot of other possible specializations!

It is assumed they had the pre-requisites. Again, most was from memory, so I apologize if I confused anyone. They are trees.

It is assumed they had the pre-requisites. Again, most was from memory, so I apologize if I confused anyone. They are trees.

if you wanted certain perks out of order you can use the console to give them to you.

i actually decided ot do that on my second character.

got my first 1 to 33 or so before i decided to start over and at the start i gave my self all the blacksmithing perks because i decided i didnt want to put the perks in them but still wanted them lol. the skill was still at 15 to start so i still had to work at it to be good at it but it gave me the possability to grow my character where i wanted too.

i also gave my self a few other perks i wanted but knew id never put points in to help round out my character how i wanted him to be but i never gave my self and combat or magic perks. only things that were more passive behind the scenes and i didnt skill boost so all my skills were still the default levels.

imo made me enjoy this second character more.

I've got a couple of quick questions:

1. Is it possible to make all followers dual wield weapons, or is it specific to certain followers? I can't get Aela to dual wield weapons (I've tried all combinations of sword/dagger/axe), but she does use a weapon and shield.

2. I completed The Companions quest line, and the "Talk to the Companions leaders about jobs" has been under the Miscellaneous quests tab for some time. I've completed lots of jobs for them and it still shows up every time I turn in the job. Is there a way to actually complete this objective, or does it stay forever? I have a feeling that it won't disappear since most of the jobs given seem like random (Radiant?) quests.

A lot of the "Misc" quests are infinite.
Don't focus on them unless you're really bored or interested in them.

Yeah I was beginning to wonder about that when, after restarting the game with a new character, I received a side quest that had the same objective (find a specific object) as one from my first playthrough, but at a different location.

A lot of the "Misc" quests are infinite.
Don't focus on them unless you're really bored or interested in them.

so the Misc. quests never end?...are they variations on fetch quests and kill the bandit ones or are there some unique quests that get thrown in as well?

are all 24 Dragon Shours pretty easy to find or are some hidden away only for hard core explorers to find?

"Misc" is just a subquesting heading. It contains both single step quests and where to start quests. The randomly generated quests fall under the "Misc" heading as well.

Examples of Misc quests -

1) Join the imperial legion
This just tells you where to go to start that quest

2) Clear some cave of bandits
Example of a randomly generated quest

I got my Blacksmithing up to 90 last night. I now have a full suit of Ebony armor, now to just kill some Daedra's!

I need to enchant my armor too.

How can anyone be running out of arrows? I'm playing an archer and I've got so many arrows I could eleminate the entire populationof Skyrim- and I haven't bought a single one. Just go out adventuring- you'll find a ton just by clearing dungeons. Sure, most of them are iron, but I'm lvl 22 and can still 1-shot guys with iron arrows due to bow and sneak attack perks.

How can anyone be running out of arrows? I'm playing an archer and I've got so many arrows I could eleminate the entire populationof Skyrim- and I haven't bought a single one. Just go out adventuring- you'll find a ton just by clearing dungeons. Sure, most of them are iron, but I'm lvl 22 and can still 1-shot guys with iron arrows due to bow and sneak attack perks.

It takes A LOT more arrows, and stronger ones, on Master difficulty ;)

I had some extra gold and bought my 5 points from 85 to 90 lol.

Edit: where can I find daedras? Can use spoiler tags if possible

As far as arrows go I loot every one I find. The fact that they seem to be weightless means there is no reason to not horde them.

You type [ spoiler= ] and [ /spoiler ] but no spaces between brackets and spoiler

Thanks! Found the hearts...

As soon as I turned level 20, some dude came up to me with an invite to a museum. You follow that quest and you'll end up killing some daedras. I don't know if you need to turn level 20 to get that quest, but I got the invite right after. Hope this helps.... lol.

Any destruction tips for a noob mage? Specifically how to up my DPS.

At level 20, I feel like I do almost no damage to higher level enemies with my magic spells compared to melee attacks with my glass sword (legendary).

At level 20, I feel like I do almost no damage to higher level enemies with my magic spells compared to melee attacks with my glass sword (legendary).

I had to go buy better spells, try the college.

Pretty sure you are going to have to buy better spells in order to increase your DPS. Not sure about perks, but your spells don't scale with your skill level.

Yesterday was a good day for me. It finally came time to make my full set of Orcish Armor, and I got the RO part of FUS RO DAH. Orcish armor looks sweeeet.

lvl 19 orc with two handed. Skyforge steel greatsword (best sword I have come across so far) and orcish warhammer.

Have to love mods....

Arrowsmith-Simple Fletching

When your magicka bar is full, it disappears.

The Compass is the only UI element that is always persistant.

If you disable the Compass in the ini file (try this, immersion increased!), the shout bar still appears to show recharge time til the next shout. Then it fades away too.

I want to know how he made that mod without the creation kit.

He says in the description that there are a couple if flaws that will be fixed with the creation kit. Something to do with the item id's. Maybe the previous kit can still be used for some processes?

Back