Embargo date for the Q9450?

I thought that, since the Q9450 is really just a lower clocked Q9650... there's wouldn't really be many reviews since we already have an idea where the performance may be. I would, however, expect some comparison reviews with similarly priced Phenom / Core 2 products... along with some OC'ing results.

Yea, I don't think there is an embargo per se, I mean Intel already announced in January.

So really its just watching the forums for reports on how it OCs.

Some people on Xtremesystems forum seem to have gotten one already.

They're reporting it hits an FSB wall at like 435 Mhz FSB on a few "good" X38 mobo's so far. :(

I just want to see straight up how it compares to the Q6600. That's something I really haven't seen yet.

They only reason I went with the q9450 over the q6600 was because I will be using this for HD video editing. If I wasn't doing heavy video editing I would have went q6600 for much cheaper.

I'll be doing some video editing (love my dv cam!) but mostly gaming that can eat the 4 cores (FSX and falcon 4- I'm a sim geek).

I bit on the $200 Q6600 at MC yesterday. I figure that the ~15% withth 9450is not work the price premium for me right now. Budget is a bit tight with a 9 month old :) ANd I won;t see one for a while as I want retail.

There's no embargo (as far as I'm aware).

It's purely an availability issue. Supplies of them in the retail channel are just not there yet. Give it a while, you'll see plenty of results once they are in the hands of more users ;)

Back