EMERGENCY HELP requested: DFI LP Bad BIOS Flash

11DayZ

n00b
I have been trying to flash the bios of my DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-D mobo with winflash for about an hour. The latest bios gave me "flash block verify error" after the main block. So, I went to an earlier bios version and the same thing. I have gone all the way back to the initial bios and the same stuff happens. I don't have a floppy drive or immediate access to one. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks for any input.

I think that once you reboot your screwed.. If you are still up and running windows don't shut down.. Some one may have an idea on how to fix it..
The only things I can think of involve useing a dos boot cd with awdflash and your bios files burned to it.. But that would require a reboot..

You could try to redownload the bios files and winflash utility and reattempt flashing to see if that works..

You could try DFI street.. Sometimes they help and sometimes they don't but, they are often a$$holeish about things over there..

Yeah, I figured I was screwed. I've been hanging here wondering what the heck I can do. I am hoping things boot up when I reboot. When I get mainboard info from sandra it still has the date of the original bios. I am very dumbfounded as to why the flash isn't working. I've used winflash with a couple other mobos with no issues. I imagine I am going to try and reboot in a couple hours and see what happens. Hopefully someone has an idea before then.

I definitely tried redownloading everything to a different hard drive before posting my desparate plea :)

Some BIOSes have an option either in the bios to disable "Boot block protect" or BIOS write protect. Read the manual about flashing the bios and find the boot block protection measure. Some boards have this feature protected by a jumper setting.

Back