Enabling 32 bit color output to TV

LockOnToIt

Weaksauce
Hi all.

I have my system below connected via a s-video-to-composite adapter (came with the card), and under Vista x64, in the "Advanced" tab under the display settings for my TV ("generic non-PnP monitor"), I can only select modes that have 16-bit color. This is quite annoying.

My tv is a 1080i Samsung CRT, and obviously will support whatever I can throw at it. The composite cable is plugged into a composite in (no adapter on that end).

Can anyone help me get the full performance out of this and enable 32-bit color? The composite cable was quite expensive for the length I needed... while the TV does have a DVI input, getting another cable would be prohibitive at this point.

Composite (single yellow plug, often accompanied by red and white for stereo audio) is limited to a very fuzzy 480i. If you meant component (the one with the red, blue, and green plugs) then that's something else.

Should have gone DVI, composite is just 480i and it's going to look terrible (like ass actually).

OP, any chance you can post the make and model number of your TV? Or at least post the different inputs it has ie; s-video, composite, component etc etc

As everyone else mentioned, you picked nearly the worst input possible, composite will probably look terrible no matter what you do, with a CRT you need to use s-video at the very least.

In order from best to worst: HDMI or DVI > VGA > Component > S-video > Composite > F coaxial analog

A composite cable shouldn't have cost you that much, could you return it possibly? Here's the only place to buy cables: http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209

Back