ENERMAX Announces the “ACRYLUX” Keyboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
Slimness is the eternal demand on any peripheral for most users. ENERMAX industrial engineers have achieved a new level of slimness – Unlike other slim keyboards that only achieve their slimness by sacrificing the wrist rest and thus typing comfort, ACRYLUX features a full wrist rest with a profile of only 9.2 mm.

Like the AURORA aluminum keyboard family, ACRYLUX incorporates all state of features such as the patented scissors key switch technology and zero degree angle of the key caps. Product is made of hardened Acryl with a hardness of up to 7H, making it extremely scratch-resistant. The inner edges of the key zones are cut and painted with silver to achieve their diamond-cut like look. ACRYLUX is available in two versions, the wired USB 2.0 KB009U-B and the wireless KB009W-B. Wireless model uses 2.4GHz RF wireless technology for operation distances up to 10 meters, advanced power saving management with Battery Status LED Indicator.

It looks like it's made of glossy plastic. Can you say fingerprint magnet?

Can't stand all this apple inspired "thinner", shit. Who actually cares if it is thinner? Is it going to be so much better to type on now that its thinner?

If Enermax wants to do some quality testing they should give one to me. I have broken every single slim keyboard I have ever had... in less than one month.

Just buy an Apple keyboard for pennies, instead.

I've been using the Apple keyboards for the last 5-6 years and love my current one. Looks great, feels great, makes letters appear on the screen when you push buttons. What the hell else is there?

It looks pretty slick. I whish it had a smaller footrint though. Like anything though- I would need to see some reviews. Perhaps Kyle wants to do a keyboard roundup? He could shoot the bad ones with his 50 cal!

If Enermax wants to do some quality testing they should give one to me. I have broken every single slim keyboard I have ever had... in less than one month.

Sounds like you have a temper problem.

It definitely looks pretty, but I'm just going to stick with my G15 until it's dead. So far only the paint is dead.

The key dome design under the cap is exactly the same as you'll find with a Logitech UltraX, which is about $20.

Anytime the product's name ends with "LUX" it's more likely than not to be an overpriced piece of junk.

Might consider this for the folks. Love my Logitech Illuminated keyboard and if this turns out to be of the same quality, then I might buy the wireless version.

Want them to get rid of their PS/2 keyboard. ;)

i've had a laptop style keyboard since way before it became an "eternal demand"

this enermax is probably some overpriced shit yet again.

My thanks to Enermax for advertising with us and allowing us to keep giving you guys the free forums and reviews.

Can't stand all this apple inspired "thinner", shit. Who actually cares if it is thinner? Is it going to be so much better to type on now that its thinner?

Thinner predates Apple by some time. I've been using thin keycap keyboards for the better part of the past decade. And yes, it's a lot nicer to type on these kinds of keyboards if you're not the type who likes the Model M hard click type keys. You don't need wristpads and your wrists aren't bent at as much of an angle if you're the type to have your arms roughly level to the desk.

Anyone with fast fingers take this thing for a test drive? hopefully this doesn't drop characters like the logitec illuminated.

Hmmm... I'd have to feel the keys on this one.

I love my Razer Tarantula's key mechanisms. If this keyboard has better keys, it might be a winner.

My pre-ordered Das Keyboard Ultimate - Model S ships in less than two days... but that's for work. Yes, I'm completely unnecessarily bragging about a pre-ordered keyboard. Embrace geek.

I'll be in for one. A wireless keyboard from the makers of the Aurora should be great.

I won't lie, shiny objects attract my attention, so I'll probably buy one. Especially if it has lighted keys. I love lighted keys. I am skeptical of the wireless bit though, I haven't seen a wireless keyboard worth the plastic it was stamped out of yet.

If it's priced reasonably (doubtful), it could be good. Seems a lot like the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard minus the illuminated part.

my enermax aurora alum keyboard after a few years some keys start to lose their spring and get slow/sticky. The rubber dome piece that reflexes tends to get stuck.

Kind of pisses me off even though I love the keyboard. Enermax should have included a 10pack of replacement rubber domes.

Looks great, nice design, but I wouldnt want to spend my time cleaning off finger prints all the time. They should produce an alternative version with a different material or surface.

Hmmm... I'd have to feel the keys on this one.

I love my Razer Tarantula's key mechanisms. If this keyboard has better keys, it might be a winner.

My pre-ordered Das Keyboard Ultimate - Model S ships in less than two days... but that's for work. Yes, I'm completely unnecessarily bragging about a pre-ordered keyboard. Embrace geek.

I wanted to get one for the longest time. Let us know how you like it.

Saw this on their site:

"Recall of Model S keyboards, We are recalling all Model S due to a manufacturing defect.

You can pre-order the upcoming updated Model S (available early December): pre-order

Learn more about the Model S"

I think it is a nice looking keyboard, but I would have to feel the keys first. I am more accustomed to a raised key keyboard. I currently like my sytek illuminated board, except the D key I have worn the paint off (I typically don't use WASD in gaming I like to keep my fingers in a typing postion to play games).

I used to highly regard enermax as one of the good brands but lately they have become just another shitty taiwanese company selling shit. My friend went through 3 revo's to get a good one then i have 10 of their enermax magma fans and 2 have started to make funny sounds.

Thin was in before Apple started making chiclet keyboards. I fell in love with the Logitech DiNovo right away. I like the DiNovo Media keyboard even more. This Enermax design does nothing for me.

The included cleaning cloth tips you off.

Didn't see that the first time I looked at the page. I can tell you from my experience of using a laptop with a glossy lid, you'll be using that cloth a lot.

Glossy plastic looks great, as long as you don't actually touch the surface. Kind of hard to avoid touching a keyboard, though.

Just buy an Apple keyboard for pennies, instead.

I've been using the Apple keyboards for the last 5-6 years and love my current one. Looks great, feels great, makes letters appear on the screen when you push buttons. What the hell else is there?

I noticed that the new iMac keyboard doesn't include a numpad. Neither do any of their laptop keyboards - even the 17" ones just have a tiny keyboard in the middle - same key spacing, key size and number of keys as the 13" model.

lol, very subtle. Yay Enermax!

Can't say I've noticed any Enermax ads around here, though. I would love to see the god awful bluray ad that won't stop flashing at the top of the screen banished, though. That thing seriously annoys the crap out of me. The Newegg ads were way better - I actually payed attention to those. :/

can't say i've noticed any Enermax ads around here either :) :cool::cool:;);)

i have the logitech illuminated.. been thinking about getting a full size thing mac keyboard but now this has my attention. hmmmmm

The Logitech DiNovo Media is glossy and lemme tell ya, it's a finger print magnet! They included a cloth and it really did come in handy. Windex and a glass cleaning cloth works great to get all the dirt and dust up.

After looking at the Enermax a little more, it's actually slick looking, I'm not crazy about the height of the keys. I'd have to play with it. It would be a nice replacement for the keyboard at work.

Thin was in before Apple started making chiclet keyboards. I fell in love with the Logitech DiNovo right away. I like the DiNovo Media keyboard even more. This Enermax design does nothing for me.

Even backlit, too. I still have my eluminX keyboard here. That thing is pushing about 7 years old now. This keyboard also replaced a thin keyboard I had before it. Certainly not something I'd give Apple credit for... backlighting or thin.

Back