Enermax Platimax 850W Drawing!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd use a Platimax 1200 or 850 for my next build. As for why, any time Kyle says "I would personally use" its likely to be a quality product.

I have used Enermax in the past. I could see myself picking up one of their 500 to 600W models for a new build.

The Platimax 1200W, of course. I need a lot of amps to push everything in my system. ;)

However, this 850W model would be perfect for my kids' PC - I could add SLI to it then!

Platimax or Modu87+ 600W for my son's computer when we rebuild it here soon. Both are fantastic modular supplies that are highly efficient, well made and should perform much better than his aging and non modular CoolerMaster Real Power Pro.

I'd use an enermax PSU if it were modular, and for the efficiency... and because if Kyle would use one, then its gotta be good enough for me.

I would go for the ENERMAX MODU87+ EMG700AWT 700W because of the higher wattage allowing for longer use down the road, modular design, and perfect quality.

I would use the Enermax Platimax 850W for my next build because it's a quality psu made by a quality company

The Platimax 1200 so I can finally use my third gtx480 on my system. My current PSU will go up in smoke if i even try it :(

Currently Running 2 Enermax Liberty 620w PSU's in 2 machines. Been using nothing but Enermax for years. My next build which is really a long overdue refresh of my hardware already had the platimax 850 as a want because my 620's are over 5 years old and the new hardware would be beyond them. So there is the answer on why and what. If I could win a Platimax that would allow me to upgrade significantly faster.

i plan to keep using my revo 1050 in my next several builds because it's solid as a rock.

I'm with everyone else, I would so want a Platimax 850 for that cord guard thing, you don't know what its like to live in a house with 5 big dogs, that when they want attention, they -ALL- want attention at once, and crowd around you, and under you, and under the desk, and they stomp on all the wiring and pull it out every single time

God bless Enermax for coming up with a novel solution to a big problem I've had for the last 7 years

Well I'm thinking about building another media centre, so maybe a PSU, or one of their HDD enclosures would be my next buy.

Quality unit, high efficiency ... and let's be honest, if it's free why not?

EDIT: Whoops, thought the question was the same as the Seasonic drawing ...
So I don't risk being drawn and then DQ'ed for not answering the question - I'd actually use the Platimax 850. At most I'd run two cards in SLI/Xfire and an 850W would handle that just fine. Super high efficiency is a plus for power bill/noise/heat as well.

Last edited:
id use the giant 1200w platimax for my next supply because i like to dream big.

but an 850 would do me just fine right now ;)

I'm going to use the Enermax Platimax 850 on my next build. I've used Enermax PSU's since the late 90's and I love them.

I would use a Platimax 1200W in my next build because I'll probably need a bigger power supply than I have right now... I'm hoping my next machine is a REAL MONSTER.

I would likely use one of their Maxrevo PSUs due to their high wattage and great performance. My first custom build used an Enermax PSU so I can at least vouch for their PSUs.

Awesome. Would love to use an Enermax in my next build. My other Enermax is holding up nicely :)

Nothing wrong with my current PSU, but it's a 650W. I'd definitely use the Platimax 850 so I could go CFX.

Their fans! I have 4 Clusters in my case now, and my new modded case will likely gain a few more. Quiet, nice aesthetic appeal, and LED switches.

I would use the Enermax Platimax 1200W Power Supply for my next build since it will be a tri-fire setup. I will need the extra power!

I would use the 1200, here's why:

Over the years I've seen many PCs have intermittant mysterious problems that were eventually traced to a faulty power supply. Occasionally power supplies fail with a bang, pop, or sizzle followed by black smoke. But, more often than not the "failure" is not so obvious. The PC still turns on, there's no tell-tale smell, the PC just becomes unreliable. We might guess that the RAM went bad, or, maybe we'll suspect a failing hard drive (but not sure, without the "click of death") - or, we might think perhaps the CPU cooling fan is starting to go... But once we swap in a good new power supply the problems go away.

For those of us who don't have a power supply testing device that puts a full load on the power supply while testing it's a pain in the butt to diagnose (we have to swap out power supplies and that means a lot of unplugging and plugging etc...).

If we put a good quality power supply in our PC that's over-built and has excess capacity, one can hope that it would be unlikely to fail, or, fail to provide enough good clean power, as time goes on.

That is why I would use the 1200. And that is why I hope I win one. This would be the first time I've ever one something from HardOCP!

:D

I would use the 850 watt because it is more than sufficient for my system.

I'd use the enermax 850w for a crossfire or SLi build. To this date I've never tried a dual GPU build and after recently buying a tv/monitor this would certainly cement the decision of finally making one

I'd use the Enermax Platimax 850W because it is a great reliable power supply with a low noise 13.9cm Twister-bearing fan.

Currently using 3 Enermax power supplies in 3 of my 4 my home computers. This would let me be 4 for 4.

Never had an Enermax supply fail on me yet, even the old 8 year old 350 watt supply I reused on an i3 build last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back