enough of a radiator?

Only if you want to stick really loud fans on that. I would recommend at least a 2x120 radiator for a GTX 275 and CPU.

It would probably work, but not be much more impressive than a stock HSF on both. With the fans youd have to use to get good tempretures would probably be just as loud as the CPU/GPU stock fans would be anyway. Unless you are limited for space a 2x120 is the best way to go.

If you can stick more radiators in there, try it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, or just use the radiator for a CPU or GPU loop only.

Are you going with an mATX board? If you went with a mITX it looks like it might be possible to fit a 2x120 RAD at the bottom of the motherboard if you cut some fan holes in the side.

Nope, sorry. IMHO, assuming an 2.80mm radiator can dissipate 70% of the heat of it's larger 2.120mm counterpart (with similar airflow, which will inherently require much faster fans) you'd be looking at a heat dump capacity of around 200w maximum...

Which I think is quite the over-estimation.

Nope, sorry. IMHO, assuming an 2.80mm radiator can dissipate 70% of the heat of it's larger 2.120mm counterpart (with similar airflow, which will inherently require much faster fans) you'd be looking at a heat dump capacity of around 200w maximum...

Why would you say stuff like this? It's misleading. Heat dissipation is a curve, not a set number. It depends on airflow and the difference between ambient temperature and water temperature.

HWLabs rates the GTX M160 at 360 watts of heat dissipation. That's going to be at a high delta T with lots of airflow (and noise), but even that isn't the "maximum." More like a reasonable upper limit. Of course, "reasonable" varies from person-to-person; some people aren't going to be happy unless their delta T is 5C with fans @ 600rpm.

The OP's BIM 2 isn't the same rad as the M160 (which is thicker and has higher FPI AFAIK), but the latter's rating should give us some realistic guideline for this size of rad. The 570 Kcal/hour rating really isn't realistic - that's 663 watts... you'd need some insane fans and even then you'd be running hot with that kind of load. But the OP looks to be running a 220w, maybe 300w heat load tops, which the BIM 2 can probably handle with decent fans and a somewhat high (but tolerable) delta T.

Even this is probably high. an 80x2 radiator has 11% less area than a 120x1 rad; and a single 120 rad shared among a CPU and a GPU isn't going to outperform any halfway decent air cooling setup..

I would imagine that you could if and only if you put 3-4000rpm fans on it, I can't imagine that would be tolerable, or practical.
You could be better off, trying to utilize aftermarket parts.
Thermalright Shaman for the GPU (or trad from ebay if you can find one), and the largest downward facing cpu heatsink that you can fit under the psu.

I'm trying to find one of my own pics.... it's a H50 slammed into the two drive bays of my SG02.

pict0039vw.jpg

one 80mm rad can be mounted on the top 80mm fan hole over the GPU area.

Two HD5870s had to fit in this photo :)

Watercooling is only effective if you have a big radiated area otherwise its going to be as effective and as noisy as a good aircooling solution.

Even this is probably high. an 80x2 radiator has 11% less area than a 120x1 rad; and a single 120 rad shared among a CPU and a GPU isn't going to outperform any halfway decent air cooling setup..

You're very likely right.

Back