Enslaved

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Played the PS3 demo and it looked promising. Looked liked a nice mix of uncharted and God of War. Though I suspect it will take a while before these brute and pirate finally hook up ;)

Is there a 360 demo? The PS 3 demo seemed to run at 15 fps or something which was a bit frustrating? Would also be curious which graphics is better?

I saw an ad for this the other day and took a peek at it. I think I'm going to pick it up. It looks fun and the story seems pretty interesting.

Played the demo. Unremarkable combat and simplistic and restrictive platforming. The story adaptation and the visuals look to be the only draws here.

If this is any indicator of what the next Devil May Cry will be like, I will organise an international memorial service for the brand right now.

Played the demo. Unremarkable combat and simplistic and restrictive platforming. The story adaptation and the visuals look to be the only draws here.

If this is any indicator of what the next Devil May Cry will be like, I will organise an international memorial service for the brand right now.

I agree with the restrictive platforming.
However to call the combat unremarkable after only playing the demo is quite unfair.

Reviews actually say the combat becomes really good after a while...

If the production quality and plot are as interesting as Heavenly Swords was then this is a must have.

I want to at least rent the game. I enjoyed the demo, but I don't think its going to be worth $60. I can see it getting tedious later on if they don't change things up at some point.

My 360 copy came in on Saturday...didn't even know Fedex delivered in my area on Saturday...but it was on my door step when I got home that night! :]

Game is good but the climbing mechanics are no where near as good as Uncharted 2 and the way Monkey runs...WTF? Also, why do the orbs not fly back to you like in God of War? After you defeat your enemy you have to run over to get them. If you kill the enemy on a ledge and there is no way to get up there...then you can't collect your orbs. Not sure how "collection happy" you guys are, but this bothered me. I'm the type that likes to collect everything! The fights also take some strategy as most you have the option to sneak by or fight. Overall I have been enjoying it. I'm about 5 hours in.

Reviews say it´s very well paced and that you seldom feels like you are grinding. The beginning of adventures are often like a tutorial this no exception it seems judging the reviews. There os so much handholding these days :(

As for the platforming yes it´s obviously even more automated then in Uncharted 2. You got to see it as puzzle solving to enjoy it I suppose. As for the fighting well I just played through GOW without being completly bored so this will work I suspect if they just upgrade the attacks now and then.

I tried the 360 demo and it ran a LOT better. Image quality a bit better but my TV is an odd freak in having better iq on the VGA then HDMI port lol. As for the animations the killing animations is really nice. As for the jumping it´s Andy Serkis that did it. He is supposed to be a "Monkey" I believe. I find the animations quite funny and refreshing actually even though initially it felt odd.But it suits his voice acting and all. Otherwise I was disappointed in getting yet bodybuilder as "hero" and a half nude girl as side kick.

Odd that you have to collect the orbs yourself. It seem really streamlined otherwise.

I just have real negative feelings towards this game. It just looks like a cheap main stream game hoping to cash in on some hype and move on. Sorta like the Avatar movie. I wouldn't doubt it if that Monkey character in this game hisses at people. Then of course the characters have sexual tension because a man and women in a video game can not have a non-sexual relationship.

I just have real negative feelings towards this game. It just looks like a cheap main stream game hoping to cash in on some hype and move on. Sorta like the Avatar movie. I wouldn't doubt it if that Monkey character in this game hisses at people. Then of course the characters have sexual tension because a man and women in a video game can not have a non-sexual relationship.

Eeeh I don´t get it? What triple A title is not marketed heavilly. These days you have to do PR or you won´t sell. This is more of a potential sleeper hit. It´s hardly Halo Reach is it?
Play the demo you will see there is real production values. the facial animation is amazing I have to say they really feel like humans.

As for cliches yes I don´t expect a truly groundbreaking story. But then I don´t remember the last time I got that watching cinemas either. All reviews say it´s well presented and the cut scenes I scene so far is on a level much higher then Michael Bay can ever muster ;).

Played the 360 demo a while ago. The movement seems a bit stiff overall, which is frustrating for a game and character who's real appeal is supposed to be fluid movement. Appears to be well put-together and the combat should be fun later on.

awesome game. finished it today. i haven't felt this much emotion in a game since FF7 when whats her faces dies.

awesome game. finished it today. i haven't felt this much emotion in a game since FF7 when whats her faces dies.

[Fight Club]
Sir, I am terribly disappointed in you, you forgot Aeris, HER NAME IS AERIS!! HER NAME IS AERIS!! HER NAME IS AERIS!!

[/Fight Club]

[Fight Club]
Sir, I am terribly disappointed in you, you forgot Aeris, HER NAME IS AERIS!! HER NAME IS AERIS!! HER NAME IS AERIS!!

[/Fight Club]

its been so many years since i played that game.

I have to say the demo was fun. I might have to grab a gamefly account. There are several 360 games I am wanting to play, but not own.

Just finished it. GREAT game. The best pacing out of any game I've played. Excellent ending. Most of you could rent it and finish in a weekend.

Back