Enter and Shift key stopped working on MBP

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Weird problem here guys....out of the blue, my enter and shift keys stopped working. It was literally working a couple minutes before it suddenly stopped, no liquid spills or anything. I closed my lid, went to grab some food, came back and the enter/return and right shift key are completely unresponsive. I plugged in a USB keyboard and it works fine with that but I cant think of why the keys on the keyboard stopped working. There is no gunk or anything underneath them either! I have an older Macbook Pro (3 yrs maybe) with the intel core2 2.5, 2gb ram, 512mb nvidia.

That is weird. Did you try all the normal checks like restarting, resetting pram/smc, etc?

That is weird. Did you try all the normal checks like restarting, resetting pram/smc, etc?

Try that first. If that doesn't work, consider taking it into the Apple store, even though its out of warranty, they might help you out!

How do i reset the pram/smc? I took out the battery overnight, put it back in and still had the same problem. Is there anyway to remap the keys? I never use the right option key...would I be able to remap the enter function to that key?

Just did both of those...neither seemed to have helped. :( Honestly, if I could just remap the keys I think I could live with it...

The only problem is it will only allow me to reassign it to the right option key, wish there was a way to assign it to a key in a more natural location

Back