Epox 8kda3j - nvidia nforce network controller problem

tristam

Limp Gawd
ok so here it is in a nutshell.

I RMA'd my mobo a couple weeks ago, got it back two days ago. Installed it with no problems, except of course that lame undervolting shit. Last night i updated the bios (5/14) to hopefully fix the issue. Upon reboot, my network controller in the device manager was not functioning (yellow exclamation mark) with error code 31 ("windows could not properly install the drivers" or something similar)...so i get frustrated and do a bunch of stuff like load the bios optimized defaults and updated the bios again and tried installing the ethernet and network drivers like 100 times and uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. None of it works. So i turn off the computer and come back a few hours later. I boot up, and there is a driverless network controller in the device manager. I install the drivers for it curiously, and blammo: "nvidia nforce network controller #5" works flawlessly. so i uninstall/delete "nnnc #3" (dont ask me why the hell they are numbered, where is number 2 and 1?!) and eveyrthing is wonderful.

Fast forward to this morning. I go to the computer, figure out out to fix my vcore problem (unplug or power down the PSU and then cold boot after a minute) and update the main block (winflash.exe) and clear the cmos. It worked! Upon getting into windows though, once again, nvidia nforce network controller #5 has the error code 31 and no longer works...i have NO IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENING...and i'm about to cry, because this damn computer is toying with my fragile emotions at this point.

Please help.

Back