Epox 9NPA+SLI and two video cards using Arctic Cooler 5R3

seanmcd

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone have any idea if I can use two 7800GT's each with the NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 3) heatsink/fan?? Is there enough room?

OR can someone MEASURE the distance on their 9NPA+SLI between the two PCI-E slots?

THANKS!

There's probably not going to be enough room.

The crappy part about that board is if you do infact change the fan on your card/ HS, it'll more than likely block the little white (GCARD RELEASE) button making it a royal pain in the ass to remove the card.

Now if you are going to put 2 in there, that makes it all the more complicated to get them out if you need to. As far as clearence goes, that's gonna be a no go- there's about a half a thumbs space between the two slots. So if your HS has more than 1.5 inches of bulk to it then it's gonna probably collide with the top of the other card.

I don't know if I should trust you - you magically reversed everything in that image...

I switched from the Epox to the MSI precisely because of this reason. Even with the wider slots of the MSI it is still close. Top card runs 6-7C hotter.
About all you've got room for with the Epox is to NV5 the bottom and Ghetto mod or low profile waterblock on the top.

:D
RailGunRiz said:
Yes and now you'll die in 7 days.
NOooooo!! lol

wrangler said:
I switched from the Epox to the MSI precisely because of this reason. Even with the wider slots of the MSI it is still close. Top card runs 6-7C hotter. About all you've got room for with the Epox is to NV5 the bottom and Ghetto mod or low profile waterblock on the top.
Hmmm ok thanks. I was down to the Epox, the MSI Diamond, or the Asus A8N or A8N32... I ordered the A8N32 this morning. It has plenty of room for the two video card and coolers, but not sure If I can find room for my sound card. (i think it might squeeze in there). I was reading several reviews and then I saw where Kyle (hardocp kyle) states he uses it in his personal box.. so if I don't like it it's going to be completely kyle's fault. ;)

Back