ErgoHuman Chair $509 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just jumped all over the Office Depot deal. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it is :D

did u even test it? both coupons added fine for me when i tried it, but i didnt buy though.

Yup. Didn't work. When I click on the checkout button, I get an error message:

!Error
(CD05) You entered just , of the 1, items required to apply coupon 099070251. Please, enter all required items and try again. Thank you.

~which means the 35% coupon does not apply to Ergohuman chair. :(

EDIT: Never mind...I was trying to purchase the leather chair. The 35% only applies to the mesh

Yup. Didn't work. When I click on the checkout button, I get an error message:

!Error
(CD05) You entered just , of the 1, items required to apply coupon 099070251. Please, enter all required items and try again. Thank you.

~which means the 35% coupon does not apply to Ergohuman chair. :(

EDIT: Never mind...I was trying to purchase the leather chair. The 35% only applies to the mesh

Phew. I think i might grab it this payday.

What a chair! I'll have to go to my local office depot to try it out. Sucks that I just bought one from them a few months back for $160. I try to buy one with the coupons. They seem to work, however there isn't any in stock so the price shows $0 and the coupon will not be applied.

Damnit. That was my Xmas gift to myself for my new job. I'm teed off right now. Shoulda ordered it while I had the chance. Would been worth making the wife mad.

Please correct or complete the areas listed below to continue.
!Error
The coupon redemption conditions have not been met. Please review the coupon requirements and verify the order amount meets or exceeds the minimum requirement. If the free item has not been added to the cart, click on the 'Select items' link in the coupon section of the shopping cart and click 'Add to Cart' on the following page.(Coupon 099070251, CD07)

Damnit. That was my Xmas gift to myself for my new job. I'm teed off right now. Shoulda ordered it while I had the chance. Would been worth making the wife mad.

!Error
The coupon redemption conditions have not been met. Please review the coupon requirements and verify the order amount meets or exceeds the minimum requirement. If the free item has not been added to the cart, click on the 'Select items' link in the coupon section of the shopping cart and click 'Add to Cart' on the following page.(Coupon 099070251, CD07)

That's strange, because I just ordered after reading your post and was able to successfully use both coupons. Came out to be a cool $397 shipped.

What about the steelcase lead chair? It seems to have the best reviews around and it goes for quite cheap on ebay.

What about the steelcase lead chair? It seems to have the best reviews around and it goes for quite cheap on ebay.

I have the leap chair. I wouldn't recommend it. The leap is no better, if not worse than chairs half its price. I think most people who review this chair are suckered into Steelcase's marketing. For example, the "upper back force" is simply tilt tension and the "lower back force" is the lumbar, which you can barely feel anyways. There is no pelvic support. You can't adjust the back up and down. Steelcase got rid of the forward tilt on since 2006. The seat pan is tilted slightly backwards, which is even worse for your back and legs than sitting on a flat seat.

I've been doing a lot of research into chairs because I have bad knees which get worse when I sit in crummy chairs. Quite frankly, any chair that puts your thighs at a 90 degree angle to your back isn't ergonomic. Chairs with a forward tilt option are a bit better because your thighs are lowered and your pelvis isn't rotated as much. Saddle seats like the hag capisco with backrests seem to be the be the best solution, but I could never find any to try out.

Well after reading even more reviews I've found that the Aeron Herman Miller is not what it is made out to be... anyway, I am wondering why so many of these chairs dont even have a headrest?

I tried one out at my local od and they are great. What i really like was the chair's backing moves with you as you move, on the fly. Also it seem to go down lower than most office chairs. I like to be able to comfortably flat foot my feet without too much pressure on my thighs. They are out of stock for central cali...Noooo!!!

Called Human solutions yesterday. Asked if they would price match OD because I wanted a fabric chair. The sales lady said it was impossible because $350 is below cost. Are you kidding me? Unless it is made of 24K solid gold, how could it possibly cost >$350 to make any chair??? I'm calling BS.

Called Human solutions yesterday. Asked if they would price match OD because I wanted a fabric chair. The sales lady said it was impossible because $350 is below cost. Are you kidding me? Unless it is made of 24K solid gold, how could it possibly cost >$350 to make any chair??? I'm calling BS.

Perhaps OD is a larger customer and gets steeper discounts than HS.

Perhaps OD is a larger customer and gets steeper discounts than HS.

"perhaps" ;)

plus, humansolutions has great customer service, which I can't say about office depot. They were nice, accommodating, and gave us Hard forum members an extra deal....even though the chair is possibly available cheaper at OD, I'm glad I spent a bit more to support a good company and have the option of getting mine in red.

received my chair today. setup was a cinch, only took 6 screws and 10 minutes of my time.

the chair is very quality. the only complaint i have is that the seat of the chair doesn't recline enough. if you've sat in an aeron, you will know what i am talking about.

nevertheless, the chair is a work of art, and you definitely feel a nice difference in your lower back after sitting in it for over 10 minutes. i am sure it is great for posture

I went to OD to test out the chair yesterday. They have a whole bunch of chaisr for display so I sat in many chair. In the couple of minutes that I sat in each chair, I found that it's not the most comfortable chair but there's no obvious flaw that make it uncomfortable either. I don't know how it would feel after a few hour though. I think the thing that make it about $250 more than the other chairs are the adjustability. I really really want to order it today so it could here Saturday when I'm home.

With the $400 after shipping and tax with OD, it very temping and my current $100 chair is dying a slow death. Also I'm not sure such a deal will come around again. But right now there's about 5 items worth about $100-$400 that I want to buy so I'm not sure I can justify a $400 chair.

To the guy above who says it wasn't available in the local store. I don't think it's available in store anywhere. My local OD has an expanded furniture showroom and it has a chair for display but there's sticker that said "Available for delivery only".

To anyone who is still considering this chair, the 35% offer is till the 24th of dec so that gives you plenty of time to think about it or try it out.

At first sit it feels good but no better (if not worse) than some of the cushy leather chairs. The difference comes some time later when you realize that it feels that way as long as you are sitting in it rather than sinking in and slouching.

It is REALLY worth getting a good ergonomic chair over anything else and this chair is GREAT. I paid over $400 and am still happy with the purchase months later.

Chair seems to be sold out or discontinued anywhere in Nor-Cal.

Oh well

I'm in -- $388 delivered. I sent it to my work office because I'm using a surplus reject bright orange upholstered '70s chair with the foam disintegrating that is anatomically correct for an octopus right now. I'll take this new comfort gem with me when i move on. :) Thanks to the OP for the heads up and for those who shared their impressions, also to the guy who posted the OD deal!

is this chair PROVEN to be beneficial to your health or is it just something that ppl think is beneficial... $400 is a lot to invest, but i'm willing.

I sit in an Aeron all day but don't like them.

The Mira is nicer in my opinion because the seat is more comfortable. Mira also has a front edge that can be adjusted to not hurt the back of your thighs after long periods of sitting in it. Plastic base if flexible and comfortable but you still get the mesh back.

The Aeron eats clothing, I can confirm that. The back of pants and shirts get eaten up by the mesh.

In the end I agree that Herman Miller chairs are far too expensive for the average person in their home even if I can get them at a VERY significant discount.

Set it up in about 10-15 minutes, even with the help of my 2 year old. Used it for about 4 hours straight last night and felt great! Still adjusting it for the perfect fit though. Looking forward to many comfortable hours ahead.

Where do get that the OD deal is dead? I can still apply both coupons to it, but the chair is out of stock. The 35% off specifically shows the Raynor chair although all the others are OD brand.

Wow, what a hassle it's been ordering this chair from Office Depot. The customer service people are incompetent. Two delivery attempts were made earlier this week and the drivers did not leave the chair despite calling Office Depot twice with specific delivery instructions. After two attempts, the order gets cancelled. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service yesterday to get the order re-issued for delivery today, due to their screw ups. Customer service re-issues the order, but this morning I get a phone call from another level of service telling me the order is cancelled because of two failed delivery attempts. What the hell did I just spend an hour on the phone for yesterday?

Customer service places a new order today and has to manually adjust the price because the system thinks I've already used the coupons (for my cancelled order). Somehow, a 10% discount in price for my troubles translates to $4 cheaper in the end? Whatever. Soonest I get to see if OD screws up the delivery again is on Monday.

I sit in an Aeron all day but don't like them.

The Mira is nicer in my opinion because the seat is more comfortable. Mira also has a front edge that can be adjusted to not hurt the back of your thighs after long periods of sitting in it. Plastic base if flexible and comfortable but you still get the mesh back.

The Aeron eats clothing, I can confirm that. The back of pants and shirts get eaten up by the mesh.

In the end I agree that Herman Miller chairs are far too expensive for the average person in their home even if I can get them at a VERY significant discount.

Would a simple cloth over the chair work? Also if you don't mind, but how much do you weigh?

As for being PROVEN to be better, I don't know and really don't care because I know it can't be worst. I like how i am able to adjust it really low, lean back while my ass is stationary, and that you can move the back rest forward so you don't have to sit all the way back just to get back support.

So, I got my chair and I'm happy with it, but not quite delighted. It's certainly much, much better than the old $100 leather chair I was using, but there are a few niggling issues.

1. I wish the seatback tilted further back.

2. I wish that there were more options for locking the seatback. As it is, there are only 3 positions. I really wish I could lock it at some point in between the middle option and the all-the-way-back option.

3. This is the biggest one for me...I'm right at the height limit for this chair. I am 6'3'' and this chair BARELY works for me. I have the headrest raised all the way up and tilted all the way up, and I still wish that it was a little higher. I also wish that I could raise the seatback up a little higher as the lumbar support is slightly too low when I sit up 100% straight.

However, these complaints aside, it is a very comfortable chair. If you can get the OD deal, I definitely recommend it.

As an aside, it's amazing how many chairs do not properly accommodate someone of my height. 6'3'' is tall, but it's not really THAT tall. There are plenty of us walking around. I can only imagine what a pain in the ass it would be if I was 3'' taller.

!Error

And I chatted online iwth a rep, they said they couldnt apply that coupon to this chair..

Where do get that the OD deal is dead? I can still apply both coupons to it, but the chair is out of stock. The 35% off specifically shows the Raynor chair although all the others are OD brand.

Did you click on the coupon description? http://www.officedepot.com/viewCoupon.do?couponindex=0

6 down, item 424338. And the $40 coupon stacks. The problem, Insufficient Inventory. Make sure you're not selecting the similar chair in leather. It won't apply to that one.

By the way, for those looking at the OD Quantum chair, you can stack the coupons for that, but add 6 $.99 boxes of pencils, drops the chair from $299.99 to $167.

Hi all,

This is my first post @ [H]ard|OCP.

This is a nice chair. However, I have a tailbone problem, and I require a lot more cushioning than this mesh chair has. I tried the Aerons also, and they also put too much pressure on my tailbone.

I assembled the chair yesterday at work (VERY easy), and used it all day. I think I am going to sell it, since I was in a lot of pain at the end of the day.

Other guys in the office thought the chair was very comfortable.

As for being PROVEN to be better, I don't know and really don't care because I know it can't be worst. I like how i am able to adjust it really low, lean back while my ass is stationary, and that you can move the back rest forward so you don't have to sit all the way back just to get back support.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't really care if it's perfect -- it has to be immensely better than what i'm using.

It's very difficult to "prove" anything when it comes to human health and the effect thereon. There are just so many variables.

I will see Monday how the delivery goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back