Ergotron Neo-Flex arm...

Hey, i've been looking to buy the Ergotron Neo-Flex LCD arm, model 45-174-300, for a while now, but the $80-100 each price tag is a bit too rich for me. i found the smaller model, the 45-160-300, on ebay for less, but the edge of my desk is kind of far from where i normally keep my monitor, so i think i'm going to need that extra arm length. I heard some ppl say they found the 45-174-300 one for only 60 bucks shipped offa buy.com. i looked but you need this buy.com visa card to get the discount. I'd sign up for the card, but i'm a bit weary about singing up for a credit card (as a college student, i'm trying to stay away from these things as much as possible). plus i donno my households income or morgage, which they need or else i guess they reem you up the arse in charges. Anyone know a place to get this arm relativly cheap? Maybe there's some obscure online store i've missed... thanks for any help.

PS: I remember hearing that when you have the 45-174-300, you can detach the arm extention. Is there any possible way to BUY the arm extention seperatly, and add it on to the shorter 45-160-300 model? If that's possible, link me to either some places where i can get it, or the model number for that part so i can try looking for it myself... Thanks a bunch

The articulated arm range looks pretty comparable to the Ergotron Neo-Flex.

I would stay away from the POS range, just as a matter of principle

i like my neoflex arm, i have the one without the extender. The problem ive encountered with it though is that it tends to be difficult to setup with the level and height. Also if you dont get it it tight enough and tighten it after a few months it will start to slump and slowly come down.

I have a dual LCD setup, the Viewsonic VP201b and the Hyundai L90D+. Both are set on my desk with dual Ergotron Neo-Flexes. I use the VP201b for office apps, the L90D+ for strictly gaming. The monitor arms are used to center the monitor depending on what I'm doing at the time.

For me, they are outstanding. I couldn't have switched to LCD without, and neither do I have any issues with them.

I just got the two Ergotron Neo-Flex LCD Monitor arms yesterday. I have them set up on a Fuji-Plus 988D 19" LCD and a Viewsonic VX924 19" LCD screen. I mounted them using the desk clamp method. It was very easy to clamp them to the desk. Taking off the original monitor stands was probably the most time-consuming part. It's probably best to get a friend to help you mount the monitor to the VESA plates on the Neo-Flex arms, but I did it on my own since my girlfriend was coming over in about an hour. I just raised the LCD's using a series of hardcover books to the approximate height of the VESA mounting plate and held the front bezel with one hand while I hand threaded the screws in through the VESA plate and into the back of the monitor Then I tightened them up. That part was relatively quick, but tricky because I was working alone.

Adjusting the Ergotron neo-flex LCD monitor arms is pretty simple for pivot, tilt, and rotation. However, to adjust the height you have to push suprisingly [H]ard on the button which allows height adjustment while supporting the arm directly connected to your LCD. Otherwise it will crash down ot the lowest position. Pushing in that button takes a lot of force, so don't worry if you think you're going to break it, you won't.

I got the two monitor arms from www.buy.com and I think it was around U.S. $160 total for two of them including shipping.

I personally find the ergotron arms to be more asthetically pleasing than the atdec's

Hi from your experience with this product, what is the quality of the material itself? will it stand over time? and regarding the clamp does it hold in place firmly or does it move around? I'm really interested in getting 2 of these for some LCDs I've got at home. If you have pics please share :D

All info is appreciated, if anyone is willing to provide their 2 cents on this it will be great I'm willing to spend up to $320 on both arms combined.

antonio_checa said:
Hi from your experience with this product, what is the quality of the material itself? will it stand over time? and regarding the clamp does it hold in place firmly or does it move around? I'm really interested in getting 2 of these for some LCDs I've got at home. If you have pics please share :D

All info is appreciated, if anyone is willing to provide their 2 cents on this it will be great I'm willing to spend up to $320 on both arms combined.
the metal is very tough and durable, definatly wont break, the problem is just getting it setup right with the hieght, rotation and level. If you are planing on moving the lcd a lot if might not be for you but it's definatly a lot better than having a huge base that most lcds come with
front.jpg

Techx said:
I personally find the ergotron arms to be more asthetically pleasing than the atdec's

You're kidding. Nothing beats Atdec. Look at the convenience of rotating from landscape to portrait mode--in an instant.

But I admit for rigidness and strength, Skunkworks and Human Scale is much stronger.

How easy it is to rotate from landscape to portrait mode? You can see at the above link that the atdec Articulated Sinlge is very flexible for the rotation, virtually instantaneous.

i dont like the look of it, and it's much more expensive than the neo-flex.

It's ok though, i've just snagged TWO of the long neo-flex arms (45-174-300) offa ebay for only $95 shipped. i had origonally bidded on the short ones (45-160-300), but i talked to the seller about adding onto my origonal bid to upgrade to the longer ones. the deal's negotiations dragged on so long (a week or two) that the seller said he'd just send me the extended arms w/o any additional charges. The seller says that since i've been so patient, and since the arms are a little scuffed up anyhow, he'll just send the long ones to me. Yay! Patience pays off :)

Now we have to see if i'm 'getting what i paid for'. they should be here by the 29th.

Are there any Automated arms out there for LCDs? Something controlled via remote or with a PC interface?

Back