"error loading OS"... help?

8fingers

Limp Gawd
i'm trying to get an A8N-E from the Tech Tour up and running, it posts, i can go through all the bios and everything, but when i install windows, it copies all the files to HDD, reboots, and then says "error loading operating system." i can try to boot from HDD after that, but i still get the same message!?! what the heck is going on? any ideas?

btw, i flashed the bios to newest version, still having the same problems.

A64 3200 venice
A8N-E
x800 XL
SATA 160 GB HDD

better off sending this to Operating Systems forum, them people know whats up, over there :D

soulsaver_8229

I had same problem on an old socket A microatx board i got from ebay for £5. turned out was the harddrive i was using i swapped the drive for another and everything was ok, possibly a bad Partition table on the drive, i never tried to fix it.

It's always helpful to tell us what you've tried, so we can go from there. Try zero-filling the hard drive and starting over. Are you loading the right SATA drivers during the install? Are you getting errors during the install? Are you sure it's attempting to boot from the HDD?

djnes said:
It's always helpful to tell us what you've tried, so we can go from there. Try zero-filling the hard drive and starting over. Are you loading the right SATA drivers during the install? Are you getting errors during the install? Are you sure it's attempting to boot from the HDD?

ok, i think maybe you've hit on it... SATA drivers during install... that would cause not to recognize the drive when it reboots, no?

i tried installing to an old IDE drive, install worked fine, but now it still gives the same error unless i have the xp disc in the drive when i boot the computer... it feels like it might be related....

Back