Etch POLL

Haha, I knew I had read someone refer to Samus as a he... Couldn't find it quickly when replying but it's why I mentioned the fact. A Bacardi logo on the chest plate has some merit tho... :D jk

'Lookin' forward to the guide jess... The Samus pose in that pic could look real interesting on an original window design me thinks (or even with some cleverly placed LEDs near the gun and visor!). Maybe I'll pick up enough knowledge to do something interesting on my own window (/me glances around room and looks at the SW DVDs... Vader helm!).

Working on the guide right now...may have to wait until Sunday when I can actually start etching though! Got plans for Saturday :) and can't etch right now at 4am lol

bd781_jack_daniels_rd.jpg

what i would love to see is if you etched different parts on differnt layers and light each up a different color like this one

schema.png

woman_lights_ball.jpg

i suggest yellow,red, and green

So far the guide is on etching only and not lighting. But I think you guys can figure that part out anyway ;) I've also seen that guide and he did it using a machine to etch and not by hand so of course results may vary.

GJSNeptune said:
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that.

Sorry about that. I know Samus is a female. I didn't proof read that post like I usually do for mistakes.

Glad to see that Samus is the winner.

Gongo said:
5 samus, stewie is too easy.. i want to know your texture skills as well

Too easy? How dare you! Damn you all! Damn you all to hell!

hey i love family guy but for the etching guide, i could do stewie and i've never dremeled... samus was more of a challenge.. if you've seen jess's vash worklog, you'd also realize that stewie was wayyy too easy for her.

bigboy: is there a guide on that coloring scheme? or did you do that yourself?

Gongo said:
hey i love family guy but for the etching guide, i could do stewie and i've never dremeled... samus was more of a challenge.. if you've seen jess's vash worklog, you'd also realize that stewie was wayyy too easy for her.

bigboy: is there a guide on that coloring scheme? or did you do that yourself?
Not that I totally disagree with you, but think it's a bit presumptuous of to say you can easily do something that you've never even remotely attempted. Also, as Jess has stated (perhaps in the other thread), the point of the tutorial is to demonstrate the basic concepts of etching, not completely blow their minds with something a beginner probably wouldn't attempt.

i'm artistic and have worked many projects just never a dremel. stewie offers simple outline tracing which i'm 100% sure i can do. I think the real trick to dremeling a panal is going to be the textures which the stewie pic doenst really offer. the samus pic allows both the beginners to simply outline samus, while at the same time offers jess the opportunity to go more indepth to show textures that her vash project has.

I agree and definately think (if she so chooses) that Jess should do a two part etching guide....'simple' tracing first..then texturing. I'm interested in both and would like to learn techniques in both.

Jess...if you would...take it into consideration please. Look forward to it!! :D

comming along slowly, busy with work lately lol dun worry guys you'll hear something about it soon :)

Hmm...the long awaited Samus etch is finished :D ... now for that etch guide...that one I need to finish! :p

SamusEtch.jpg

Yeah, it's actually just a shirt with Samus already on it and he/she just put a piece of glass over it.

DragonNOA1 said:
Yeah, it's actually just a shirt with Samus already on it and he/she just put a piece of glass over it.
Yeah... and Samus is sideways on it... :rolleyes:

Looks awesome! Definitely deserves a couple of detail shots to give us an idea of the detail. But if you're saving more pics until you finish the guide dealy, that's cool too.

Sweet-O-Matic!!

edit: insert photoshopped image of the t-shirt with samus on it and no glass plate here.

Back