Evangelion Perfect Collection (Full Series!) - $39.99 - 11/13 Only

Just orderd for $43 shipped. Thanks I wanted this series being that I never watched it before.

ok so what the hell did you do??? I keep seeing 152.99?

EDIT: and i saw that since it was first posted....

Omg.. this is so tempting!!!

I'm not sure if i should get htis (i have 6 out of 8 of the dvds already)...

Decisions decisions..

damn you .. i'm broke, i just charged that on my cc .. couldn't resist the deal... maybe thank you .. i don't know :)

Hotter than hell, but no resellerratings. That turns me off of it definitely.

If I already wasn't three discs in to the Evangelion Platinum Edition I might have picked up this smoking hot deal. Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with the shaky picture. And as far as Rightstuf is concerned, I've always been satisfied with their service. You can check thier service at AnimeOnDVD.com's forums. They're probably the best amine geared vendor on the internet.

How can they sell this that cheap though? Aren't people going to buy them and resell them for $100 each? I mean its hard to find new for even 100.

According to the site the all the coupons for the 12day deal are valid until the 24th.. I'm going to wait it out and see if anything else is discounted before I spend my food money :p

Definately a nice deal, went in on it. Can't wait until what they have next. I'll probably end up broke at the end if they keep it up :D

Thanks though ;)

Golden_Salmon said:
How can they sell this that cheap though? Aren't people going to buy them and resell them for $100 each? I mean its hard to find new for even 100.
The Perfect set is being replaced by the Platinum Edition. ADV is re-releasing the series with remastered audio and video. You can read about the differences at DVD Talk. I assume they are trying to clear out old stock.

yoda634 said:
Hotter than hell, but no resellerratings. That turns me off of it definitely.

Rightstuf is one of the better places to buy anime on the internet. They usually have great deals, with their daily specials and all. Their studio sales are also pretty good. I've ordered from them several times and have had no problems at all, and their CS is great, although the guy who does the phone menu seems a bit too happy about it....

If you're a true fan of the series, and you're looking to get started, this probably isn't for you. The Platnum Collection that has been coming out is much better.

A great deal for the casual fan though.

synergyo1 said:
According to the site the all the coupons for the 12day deal are valid until the 24th.. I'm going to wait it out and see if anything else is discounted before I spend my food money :p

Per the site:
Coupon Code: 12days
Expires: 12/24/04 @ 11:59 P.M. CST
Remember, you can continue to purchase this item at this special price with this coupon through December 24th!
*Restrictions: Orders must be completed through our online store. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may effect its eligibility for the coupon. Expires on 12/24/04 at 11:59 P.M. CST.

Rightstuf is probally one of thee best places for Anime available. They have been doing Anime before cartoon network put drivel on the masses. For a long time they were the only solid source Anime in the US. The convention I go to there is typically reps there. They are constantly look for new Anime to bring to the US and their service is bar none in terms of sales. They may not be the cheapest..but damn if they are not the best service all around.

Try calling deepdiscountdvd or most other places and ask a detailed question about a series...they won't know much. With RSI you will probally get your answer within a minute or two if not instantly. The peeps there are top notch and true Anime fanatics. RSI are the people who brought quite a few series to the US...hopefully they'll keep bringing more.

This is a great deal no doubt about it, they just put up Burn Up W DVD for 7.99, not going to pick that one up but Evangelion I most likely will. Thanks!!

PS, I've seen some reviews here and there and they look like a great place to do business with.

this is the original series right? i havent been following it for a while so what else is there besides the orginial series?

vbrtrmn said:
Per the site:
Coupon Code: 12days
Expires: 12/24/04 @ 11:59 P.M. CST
Remember, you can continue to purchase this item at this special price with this coupon through December 24th!
*Restrictions: Orders must be completed through our online store. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may effect its eligibility for the coupon. Expires on 12/24/04 at 11:59 P.M. CST.

umm thats what i just said :) dunno why you quoted it.

gah, ordering it now, great deal on my fav anime series, been dreading shelling out 100 for it... no need to now:D

Got mine today. These dudes will for sure get my business again. It was packed well and they even included alot of "thick" magazines and other crap for free. Great buy, thanks again jgoewert. :cool:

My pleasure.. I've watched half of it so far over Xmas. Going to watch the rest this weekend. Still waiting on Gasaraki myself.

Gonna have to toss my VHS copy of Eva out in the Buy/Sell forum.

im on the last DVD, i really hate these long ass episodes of all talking, its frustrating

Main Target said:
im on the last DVD, i really hate these long ass episodes of all talking, its frustrating

Its too bad they made the ending too philosophical... Sometimes I like it, then I think about what they could have done... The end movies somewhat help, but still leaves you hanging...

LiquidX said:
Got mine today. These dudes will for sure get my business again. It was packed well and they even included alot of "thick" magazines and other crap for free. Great buy, thanks again jgoewert. :cool:

Yeah, the right stuf is awesome, they are DVD distributor too. I got his and her circumstances from them, probably one of the best made dvd series (technically) I've ever seen. But the ending is also like Evangelion (made by same guy).

drdamour said:
If you're a true fan of the series, and you're looking to get started, this probably isn't for you. The Platnum Collection that has been coming out is much better.

A great deal for the casual fan though.

What? While yes, the platinum collection is nice to have, but they are taking their sweet time getting those out. If your a true fan you'd have this collection and then maybe the platinum collection when that's finished.

the series isnt the ending, the movies are, and the philisophical aspect is a big part of why i like it so much i think...

I got this in yesterday by the way:D

i guess ill have to pick up the movies.... and the rest of the Ghost in the Shell Stand alone complex series hehee

Back