Evaporator Block Design

gclg2000

Gawd
This is my current design for the block i'm going to get machined to use on my cascade and single stage. Please leave any comments or advice and i would be grateful. These are in "raw" form and will need to have evap ports and return suction grooves up along the fins. Can't decide if i'm going to thread the top hole for compression flare fittings or just braze copper pipe right into it. A copper pipe "sleeve" will of course slide down down over the outside of the fins and be brazed to close it all off. The very bottom lip will be what the mounting device pushes down onto for pressure.

The tube part is 1.5" inches wide and the very bottom lip will be 1.625" wide. The fin's are 1/8" and the gaps are also 1/8" being cut 1/4" into the side wall. Total height will be 1.25" tall, so it will be small and compact. The top large hole is 3/8" and the small 1/8" hole leads to the bottom of the block which is 1/4" thick. The 1/8" hole will contain a brazed in 1/8" OD copper pipe and will be were the freon evaporates. Inside the 1/8" tube will be the capillary tube pretty much of any size.

Evap_design_final_front.jpg

Evap_design_final_top.jpg

Evap_design_final_sleeve.jpg

This is what imma probly do for the evap port and suction lines. With notches or course in the fins. The top gap will have 4 1/8" suction ports leading to the return 3/8" suction line on the compressor. I will also run the cap tube inside the suction line to help wil sub cooling.

Evap_design_final_suction.jpg

Need to just lengthen the top fin so the threads will have plenty of bite on the compression fitting and not block the suction lines.

Back