Eve Online - Antialiasing

AeriaGloris

Limp Gawd
How can I turn on AA in this game? There's no in-game option, and forcing AA in the control panel has no effect. I've tried turning on advancedDevice=1 but I don't see any extra options in game. Anyone playing with AA?

I am running an 8800gts 512MB on Vista 64 with the 169.25 drivers.

I just started playing the 2 week trial and this was one of the first things I looked for in the game options. Seems weird that a game where you slowly flying pixels around a mostly blank area would do anything but prominently feature AA... I never figured it out.

You have to turn HDR off to use antialiasing from the driver control panel. You don't miss much with HDR off anyway, just blinding brighter stars and lights in stations when docked.

I play Eve, and can force AA.

You should be able to access it through your nVidia Control Panel > performance. I'll double check, and correct myself if I am wrong. You can also force 16xAF this way.

I think I am currently running at 8xAA on a 7800GTX - might be at 4xAA atm. Careful though, I fried a 7600GT forcing 8xAA, 16xAF, and extreme shadows. Shouldn't have, since I was not overclocking and I don't think heat was an issue. Just watch your temps and you should be alright.

Ingame HDR disabled. Only difference I can see from your screenshot is that I am running in fullscreen and my depth/stencil format is 32bit z-buffer with 8-bit stencil.

Driver control panel for eve.exe and exefile.exe:
Antialiasing mode: Override
Antialiasing setting: 16xQ
Antialiasing transparency: Supersampling

Windows XP, Forceware 169.21, 8800GT 512 and it is working for me.

Like I said before, try Rivatuner first. Oblivion is another game that you must turn HDR off or it won't let you have AA.

With Rivatuner, I can have ingame HDR on but forced AA on via Rivatuner.

so if you want aa you have to kill HDR?

Update:
I just tried forcing with the NV CP and then Rivatuner and no luck, the game definitely still runs with aa off. Any ideas?

reading the forums, I've heard some had luck using nHancer. Though I think this only works with geforce 8 and higher cards. An option allows for Oblivion HDR AA fix, and you can apply it to Eve. I haven't tried it out my self yet, will do so ovre the weekend.

Hey all,

I was having the same problem where I could not force AA for EVE Online with the Nvidia control panel. I couldn't force it with RivaTuner either, however. But I just used nHancer and I can confirm if you make a profile and set the "Anti-Aliasing compatibility" under the Compatibility tab to the "00000045: Oblivion (AA & HDR)" option, it will work and you'll get AA in game.

Just make sure to set the executable as 'ExeFile.exe' otherwise it will not apply the settings (Eve.exe isn't the executable that is running while you're playing the game).

Does this also work for ATI cards, I have an x1950Pro and would like to get some AA action going on.
I'm not sure; I believe the 8600+ nVidia cards, and the HD ATi cards will work with both HDR and AA enabled. It just depends on whether your card is able to handle applying AA with the SM 3.0 "true" HDR.

Cheers, Cornflake

Back