EVE Online: No more learning skills on Dec 14.

Soyo13

Gawd
CCP have finially decided to remove learning skills. :eek:

All learning skills = Removed.
All learning books = Removed + Reimbursed the cost of books.
100% SP invested into Learning = Returned to you to redistrubte into other skills.
Everyone gain +12 to each Attribute.
The 100% bonus training speed during the first 1.6m is removed as everyone get the huge boost to attribute.
No more boring 3-5 months training into learning skills! (Victim of this as my alt have ~6.5m SP with ~5m being Learning skills... So come Dec 14 this alt will be one happy bastard.)

Win/Win for everyone.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.as...ate&utm_content=devblog&utm_campaign=eveonlin

awwww, i misread that and almost shit myself, thought you meant no more training of skills rofl, that would ruin the game.

well this is def good news, but i assume theres still the 1 month long skill trains req'd, which really isnt that bad considering once its done, you dont ever have to worry about it again.

edit:

I had learning to 5 and it did help tremendously in the long run, i know theres a lot of people who forgo it.

I havnt played this game in awhile, i go off and on a lot it seems, any significant improvements from 6 months ago?

Fantastic news about 3 years too late.

If it wasn't for learning skills I might still be playing.

So awesome.. over 8m sp across two chars to reallocate to all the skills i don't have since I've been off the game for ~2 years or so

Will definitely be more fun to introduce friends etc to the game without having to be like "WELL, you should train the learning skills because you can train a lot faster etc, so you cant really do much for the first few weeks..." "uhh.. ok..?"

I never understood why that was a good idea to begin with ..to make people wait months to train skills is just retarded.

No matter what reason or game balance argument you come up with nothing can possibly make that seem "reasonable".

However if they continue to make smart choices like this I may have to check out EVE again.

I never understood why that was a good idea to begin with ..to make people wait months to train skills is just retarded.

No matter what reason or game balance argument you come up with nothing can possibly make that seem "reasonable".

However if they continue to make smart choices like this I may have to check out EVE again.

I had two accounts, with a mining alt character and my mission/explorer main character.. I quit because I could not get over these learning skills and the months it took for your character to become even the slightest bit useful, powerful, or have access to some decent skills and training speeds... I quit the game after I bought my first few Battleships, and my mining alt was rocking the Hulk mining barge... I haven't played for well over a year I believe.. So perhaps this update might spark my interest.. If only I could tear myself away from Minecraft long enough to try any other game at the moment... :p

That character creator looks like a lot of fun. It would be a huge waste if they did not have some type of avatar interaction like you said.

Yep... they've been talking about it for *years*.

Might have more women playing if they had it, I really knew of maybe one or two women *ever* to play it past character creation. (Which in turn would mean more of us playing it)

I played on an off a couple years ago, mostly off though. At first I tried to grind my way through missions and level up but I got kinda bored with that so I tried PVP but couldn't afford the ships and felt weird asking for ISK through the corp. I bought a timecard just before I quit so I think I have a few hundred million ISK sitting there but I haven't played in about a year. I think I might re-activate once they release ambulation.

Back