Even Better 2001fp Deal...

x10

Gawd
Instead of going through Small Business....go through Dell Home...the UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Lists for $599.20

then if you use the $70 off of $500 coupon: JL3BGX85J45GSC which expires 2/9 then the total prices comes to $529.20 shipped...and no tax if ur in a lucky state without it...

Heh, i actually figured this out before the thread and ordered one for my dad

There is a difference between the hippies and the liberals, the liberals hate hippies and the hippies are the ones that make those retard laws.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered another 2001FP. I've been doing a lot of E-book reading lately and this will help while I'm coding some PHP stuff. Reference on one page, source on the other.

I was going to wait for the 24", but I think this will work out better.

aaaarrrrggghhhhH!!!

I've been trying SOOO hard not to buy a second 2001fp.
now this deal comes along?! my only resistance is my 9800pro only has one dvi

and I paid $750 for my first 2001fp about 15 months ago. so glad I bought it.
Prices have got to get cheaper though, right? my main concern is dell discontinuing the monitor. seems as though they're trying to rid all these 2001fp displays from their warehouse

I can't imagine a more perfect LCD. sheesh... s-video, component (for the xbox) dvi, 4 usb ports 2.0 hub....
only bad thing is that little Dell word on the front.

Even if they are discontinuing it - it's still a great monitor. I already have one, so it makes sense to buy another to match it rather than take a loss on selling it used and buying something else. I wouldn't expect the prices to get much cheaper than $529.

Wow. I ordered late last evening and my monitor has already shipped. Cool.

RandysWay said:

Try cutting a piece of black electical tape to hide the "dell". It may sound rigged but it actually doesnt look that bad. Plus you can always remove it if you want to sell at a later time

zender said:
Try cutting a piece of black electical tape to hide the "dell". It may sound rigged but it actually doesnt look that bad. Plus you can always remove it if you want to sell at a later time
...Shouldn't that be in the "case mod" tread? :D

I sure wish I could convince the boss to pick a few of these up while they are cheap. Great deal. I may consider getting one for my dad who is stuck with my old, old 17" viewsonic. hmm....

Apparently it expires on the 9TH!!! Not after grr was going to order them today!!

I got a 17"ultra sharp for my son and he says he has some amount of ghosting in CS:S. Does the 20" fare well in games???? I cant really resist the price. I appreciate any comments.
thanks in advance.magoo.

magoo said:
I got a 17"ultra sharp for my son and he says he has some amount of ghosting in CS:S. Does the 20" fare well in games???? I cant really resist the price. I appreciate any comments.
thanks in advance.magoo.

Did you miss the part that the coupon doesn;t work anymore :p

Yes I saw that. The price is still pretty good. I'm interested to know if the picture is sharp in gaming. I have a 6800 ultra and an old CRT that runs high resolutions quite well. If the flat panel cant keep up then it wont be worth it at any price. Thanks.

Don't expect CRT performance on an LCD. Every person is different. Some notice ghosting more than others. I'll say I was very sensitive to ghosting, but I think the 2001FP does well in games. It's not ghost free IMO, but it's more than playable. I do a lot of CS:S too and have no complaints. You'll notice a diffference at first, but you get used to it after a few hours. Most of the work I do is in 2D and that is where an LCD blows away a CRT. Much less eye strain. But this really isn't the thread to discuss this. :)

Well I have stayed away from LCD monitors because of the ghosting problem for a long time, but I have this monitor, and I am considering getting another one because I think it really is that great of a monitor. Plus it's got a 16ms response rate which is not bad at all since most people argue that to get a good gaming LCD you need less than 25ms response rate. I have had what I consider to be a good quality 19 inch CRT for the longest but after unpacking my computer and hauling my whole setup back to my hotel room after last years Quakecon I knew that it was time to get an LCD. I also knew that anything smaller than 19 inches just wasn't going to cut it, and so after some research I had my eyes set on this beauty of an LCD and I have to say once again that I'm extremely happy with it. If you see a good deal on it I would recommend getting it, or its brother the 2005fp which is a 20.1 inch widescreen version.

go on ebay with the search

UltraSharp 2001FP

its amazing how many people will order these to sell on ebay

I wonder if those people who order the 2001fp's just to sell them on Ebay pass the savings on to the people who buy it from them? Gotta check that out since I'm seriously considering getting another one.

I`d just wait and get it from Dell.. That's what I`m doing they will sell them cheap again soon I imagine to make room for newewr model.

Just checked Dell.no (Norway) and they have 20% all LCD screens, so the 2001FP comes in at 5509NOK (no coupon needed, prices are already adjusted). The $500 US Pricetag is MUCH lower as $500 = 3273NOK.

Tech^Cellfish said:
Just checked Dell.no (Norway) and they have 20% all LCD screens, so the 2001FP comes in at 5509NOK (no coupon needed, prices are already adjusted). The $500 US Pricetag is MUCH lower as $500 = 3273NOK.

The only problem is, it's almost impossible to find the 2001FP for $500 USD.
I'd have 2 if that were the case.

Back