Ever run a 280 on a Ultra X3 1000 Watt Power Supply?

Wow, that must be a very crappy "1000W" PSU considering the GTX280 only draws 236W maximum :eek: You should not really need more than a good quality 550W PSU for a single GTX280 and a reasonably efficient CPU.

I have the Ultra X3 1000W PSU and I have run Triple 8800 GTXs, dual 4870 X2s and now I have GTX 280s in SLI, not one single power related problem, period.

I have 4 GB of 1066 Dominator, watercooling, 7 120mm fans, an OC'd Q6600 and 2 500 GB HDDs...............the thing doesn't even break a sweat.

Somebody's spereading FUD.
In my experience this has been the best PSU I have ever had, and I have several PCP&C, and two Corsairs as well.

yup thats crazy considering my corsair vx550W can run a GTX280 lol

The thread has been linked to this one now...

Your opinions count too!! ;)

The funny thing is, that other thread states somewhere about the culprit possibly being the 6+2 connector versus a regular 8-pin. I don't see how that matters, since the other two pins are merely grounds.

I am not sure what to think, but I am an EVGA fan...

I hate that the 280 keeps taking the wrap! Most think it's heat related... (No way!!)

How many RMA's has this generated? If they switch PSU's, poof, problem gone.

If you tell people that you think the reason their system is shutting down under load, is because their 1K PSU may be having an issue running their single 280, they tend to believe that you don't have a good reason to think that way. :)

I think I do.

X3 1000W and XFX GTX 280 XXX running for 2 months. No problems so far.

Running both "stock" and OCed.

Never shut down.

Before that, it ran with an EVGA 8800 GTX for 1 year. Not a single hickup.

NewSys.jpg

Back