Ever wonder what the bigshots use?

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
Picture it. You're a founder or CEO of a top manufacturer of computer components and electronics. Price is of no concern. You have the best engineers and state-of-the-art facilities, both of which are waiting for you to challenge them. Your engineers are bored. You just built a mansion with a small-house-sized office. You need to fill it with hardware specially crafted for you.

Motherboards, hard drives, cell phones, HD TVs/monitors, processors, peripherals, RAM, sound cards and speakers, printers, game consoles, video cards, physics cards, optical drives, portable audio players, cameras, headphones, power supplies, computer cases, anything. Your company produces something and you want one that's better and unavailable to consumers.

What do the CEOs and founders have for computers and electronics? Or what would you want?

ahhhhh......such an interesting topic.

I would say most CEO's are too busy to concern themselves with wanting the top of the line pc's. I'm sure there are some but I doubt it. For some reason I don't see Bill Gates fiddling around with extreme cooling to squeeze that extra .1 Mhz out of his overclock. :D

As for me......IDK, like I said if I were a busy CEO I prob wouldn't have the time to mess with pc's like I do now. I prob just call ava or velocity and tell them to build me a monster gaming pc and be done with it.

Well they go high end. CEO's and such are usually not very much on the custom computer building ends, so it would be hard to judge that.

What they would likely like to scrape up would be a Voodoo PC Omen 24K edition.

Perhaps a home theater room sub ground with a 124k projector, some $500 power cables and management units.

Personally, I would use the PC I have and focus on my warehouse sized garage :p

Pretend it's an ideal world and you have other people to run the company for you. All you have to do is enjoy yourself. You don't even need to go into work.

They use prebuilts (Dell/HP/Lenovo/etc). Us? we'd build our own PC! :p As for electronics, we'd have whatever was new and expensive, lol, as would they.

I worked directly with the editor & chief of PC magazine and the editor & chief or pcmag.com and the both had moderately high end home built rigs, but nothing extreme. Granted, these guys aren't billionaires but they're certainly very well off. Most of them spent a ton of time on laptops and their main computer hadn't been refreshed since C2D came out even. I'm sure the CEOs of the world are similar. The better question is what kind of rigs do the top level engineers or directors of engineering at places like Intel, etc. have since they get paid well enough to afford most anything and are probably pretty huge nerds.

I think if I was a CEO, i would be more concerned how fast my FERRARI can go not my computer.

The better question is what kind of rigs do the top level engineers or directors of engineering at places like Intel, etc. have since they get paid well enough to afford most anything and are probably pretty huge nerds.

That's the question. I don't care what magazine editors use. I want to know what the top guys at DFI use, or what cell phone the Motorola CEO uses, stuff like that.

The better question is what kind of rigs do the top level engineers or directors of engineering at places like Intel, etc. have since they get paid well enough to afford most anything and are probably pretty huge nerds.

The intel engineers get engineering samples, and intel boards, along with intel's overclocking tool. They're home brewed systems with other high end parts.

All i know is that most NBA ballers play with PS3 and Xbox360. I bet they wouldn't have any idea at all about about computer games and hardwares. For them, a computer is a computer.

Why? Well, would you play in a 30" monitor or a giant 60"+ high definition TV?

I think most computer gamers are middle class people.

All i know is that most NBA ballers play with PS3 and Xbox360. I bet they wouldn't have any idea at all about about computer games and hardwares. For them, a computer is a computer.

Did you read the thread or just the thread title?

I wonder what type of PC Bill Gates has.......

Maybe an Apple?

Probably an Apple with Bootcamp, lol.

I think if I was a CEO, i would be more concerned how fast my FERRARI can go not my computer.

Ferrari is for those who can't afford a Lamborghini ;)

I wouldn't say that all gamers are middle class people, not at all. It's just that today our CEO's, celebrities, were around BEFORE computers really took off, just about all of them were in power before the computer boom swung by... so they have no relationship with them.

Current business CEO, CIO's, and other C-Band folks are too high up in the business to care about the technicality, also keep in mind, they were probably in power a long time before computer components became cool... most of the current executives are hired in from other companies, so they may not have a technological attraction other than the business perspective.

I have no super interest in say desk products, however, if i was offered a C-Band job for a desk company, I would most certainly take it... I wouldn't have my own 10k desk at home though, I'd probably still buy them at IKEA. Think of it in the same perspective.

I would say to get an accurate indication, you should wait for this current generation to become CEO's and executives, and only then can you draw a proper conclusion.

Back