Everyone with x800xt pe's!!!!!!! 3D Mark 05 scores

smercer

n00b
I want to know the score ppl are getting on what kind's of sytems and with what drivers and with what settings and what kind of cooling. I want to know what i can do to my card to improve the score.......any suggestions would be great. Currently this is what i have going

AMD 64 (939) 3500+
Abit AV8 Third Eye MOBO
1GB OCZ PLatinum Rev.2 PC3200
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Saphire x800xt pe

Right now i have all stock cooling. My cpu is 39oC in idle and load is 58oC
I use the Omega Drivers The latest version of them ( released Dec 26 or something like that)
My score is 6613 and the link that was requested
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=521507

It's always nice to see a link to the score thats posted. Not that I don't believe you, it's just that I don't believe you. :p

mentok, great work as always.
pi_thumbsup.gif

I don't have the X800XT PE, just the stock X800XT, not overclocked, but I thought it would be interesting to see how it compares. I was going to get the PE but it just wasn't worth the waiting and the additional €70-100 (at the time) for me.

My scorre is 5574 using the highest quality settings in Catalyst (AA and AF set to app pref.).

What drivers are you using?
Try overclocking it after you get the latest drivers. I think they are the 5.1s.

mentok1982 said:
What drivers are you using?
Try overclocking it after you get the latest drivers. I think they are the 5.1s.

I am using the Catalyst 4.12 from ATI's website with default 520/560 settings.

TO increase your scores do the following:

Get watercooling for the CPU and GPU, Overclock both. Possible voltmod for the GPU.

Unoid said:
TO increase your scores do the following:

Get watercooling for the CPU and GPU, Overclock both. Possible voltmod for the GPU.

What does a STOCK X800XT PE get?

mohammedtaha said:
actually it's more like 5500 - 5900 .. depends on the CPU, ram & motherboard

So what's wrong with my setup? Why are my scores so low? I do not OC.

Burner27 said:
So what's wrong with my setup? Why are my scores so low? I do not OC.

When was the last time you re-installed windows ?
Did you try cleaning your system using Spybot and Ad-aware ?
Defrag ?
Did you have an nVidia in there before installing the X800XT PE ?
Did you use driver cleaner and cab cleaner ?
Did you set AGP video in the bios ?
What temps are you getting on the card, idle and load ?

My answers to your questions are in CAPS.

mohammedtaha said:
When was the last time you re-installed windows ?

OCTOBER 2004

Did you try cleaning your system using Spybot and Ad-aware ?

IT IS ALWAYS CHECKED WITH BOTH PIECES OF SOFTWARE ON A WEEKLY BASIS. IT FINDS VERY LITTLE.

Defrag ?

WEEKLY

Did you have an nVidia in there before installing the X800XT PE ?

NO

Did you use driver cleaner and cab cleaner ?

I UNINSTALLED THE PREVIOUS CARD DRIVERS THROUGH ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS "ATI DRIVER REMOVAL TOOL"

Did you set AGP video in the bios ?

SET IT TO WHAT? IN THE BIOS IT IS SET TO BOOT TO AGP SLOT FIRST. IT IS SET TO 8X AND ACCORDING TO THE CATALYST CONTROL CENTER IT HAS FAST WRITES ENABLED. WHAT SHOULD I SET THE "AGP APERTURE SIZE" TO?

What temps are you getting on the card, idle and load ?

IDLE= 48c LOAD=not sure will check tonight.

I set my AGP aperture size to 64 .. I got the best performance with 64 ... as for fast writes .. I took that off too .. it added a few more points to 3dmark ..

If you can format and re-install windows i think that would give you better marks in 3dmark05 ... btw .. i hope you use default settings at 3dmark05 ...

your idle temps are high very high .. where are u ?

I used to get 38 when i had stock cooler .. now i'm at 33 with ati4 but the case doesn't have good air circulation...

You should run ati tool and scan for artifacts at stock speeds ... does it artifact ?

mohammedtaha said:
I set my AGP aperture size to 64 .. I got the best performance with 64 ... as for fast writes .. I took that off too .. it added a few more points to 3dmark ..

If you can format and re-install windows i think that would give you better marks in 3dmark05 ... btw .. i hope you use default settings at 3dmark05 ...

your idle temps are high very high .. where are u ?

I used to get 38 when i had stock cooler .. now i'm at 33 with ati4 but the case doesn't have good air circulation...

You should run ati tool and scan for artifacts at stock speeds ... does it artifact ?

It never artifacts. Where can I get the ATI Tool?

Edit: Update: Uninstalled 4.12s and installed 5.1s. Also changed aperture size from 128 to 64. Score went from 4475 to 5570. Looked around and temp of 47c at idle is NORMAL. Can anyone tell me what they get for idle temps on the X800XTPE not OC'd?

Is there a place that can gave you a good guide as to what the AGP Aperture size should be set to or is it all based on what card you have and what the manufacturer recommends?

smercer said:
I want to know the score ppl are getting on what kind's of sytems and with what drivers and with what settings and what kind of cooling. I want to know what i can do to my card to improve the score.......any suggestions would be great. Currently this is what i have going

AMD 64 (939) 3500+
Abit AV8 Third Eye MOBO
1GB OCZ PLatinum Rev.2 PC3200
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Saphire x800xt pe

Right now i have all stock cooling. My cpu is 39oC in idle and load is 58oC
I use the Omega Drivers The latest version of them ( released Dec 26 or something like that)
My score is 6613 and the link that was requested
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=521507

That's pretty cool. I have a 3500+, same RAM, same sound card, PowerColor X800XTPE, MSI K8N Neo 2 Plat MoBo.. and I got exactly the same '05 score of 6092. I don't have a link, just a screen shot of when I did it. I don't really care if anybody believes me or not about the score, I'm not a bencher per se, just interested enough to take a screen shot.

And I guess I read your score wrong, I thought it was 6092, but I see now you got 6613. Oh well, carry on.

Burner27 said:

Edit: Update: Uninstalled 4.12s and installed 5.1s. Also changed aperture size from 128 to 64. Score went from 4475 to 5570. Looked around and temp of 47c at idle is NORMAL. Can anyone tell me what they get for idle temps on the X800XTPE not OC'd?

Is there a place that can gave you a good guide as to what the AGP Aperture size should be set to or is it all based on what card you have and what the manufacturer recommends?

Changed Ram timings to 2-2-2-5 and my score jumped to 5790.

EVERYONE..POST YOUR OC ON YOUR CARD ..So we can get an idea of how much the oc plays on the score :)

MIne is still at ATi for repairs. Once I get it back, Viper John is going to put a larger pelt on then the 80w that is on there now...should be able to get a higher then I am at now. Once this is done I will post some scores. :)

678/630 is what is stable in 3DMark03 (will be higher once the larger pelt is on). Games I can run higher...wonder why 3DMark cant take ther higher clocks.

Burner27 said:

Hey Burner27, I have the same mobo as you and was curious to know if there was any change in perfomance with your games when you modified your AGP aperture size. I know your 3DMark score went up but what I'm asking is was it noticeable while gaming? Did you also check and scan for artifacts? My X800XTPE is not OC'd but I did upgrade the stock HSF to an ATI Silencer 4. If anything, upgrading the stock HSF is something I would recommend you do for your XTPE card.

caracaovazio said:
i didn't get the x850xt pe, because, i don't trust this card many benchmarks say 6800ultra is better so i got a pci-e e-vga e-geforce 6800 ultra, it's in the mail. i'll post my score here.
can i ask something. is the 850 slower than a 800xt pe? how does that work?????

Ok .. I don't know which reviews you read ... but the X850 xt pe is the fastest card money can buy ... it's the best single card out there ... the only time it loses in benchmarks is in Doom 3 and some other game

The 2nd fastest card is the x800xt pe which is only beaten by the x850 xt pe and loses in doom 3 to nVidia

caracaovazio said:
can i ask something. is the 850 slower than a 800xt pe? how does that work?????

Is this question geared towards my clock speeds?...as posted before your comment??

Back