EVGA 580 3GB & Chinese 570 w/

"ETA is early next month."

Jacob Freeman's response regarding the release of the EVGA 580 3GB, via Twitter.

In other news ...

Yeston, a Chinese company, just showcased their new GTX 570 sporting 2560MB VRAM. Heck. At least someone's doing it.

These cards will both be in very high demand, especially the Yeston 2.5gb GTX 570. I'm sure people are going to want to import them over. Problem is the bios will be whatever china uses (not NTSC)

its ugly... i think i will skip the 2.5gb 570 and go strait for the 3gb 580 at evga though it will be expinsive as hell and i will have to f5 all day when they come out to get 3 of them. lol

its ugly... i think i will skip the 2.5gb 570 and go strait for the 3gb 580 at evga though it will be expinsive as hell and i will have to f5 all day when they come out to get 3 of them. lol

Why would you need 3 of them??

Interesting, although EVGA is a bit late to the game with 3GB 580s. I wonder if any companies are going to bother with water blocks for them seeing as water blocks for the Gainward/Palit cards are releasing soon.

Interesting, although EVGA is a bit late to the game with 3GB 580s. I wonder if any companies are going to bother with water blocks for them seeing as water blocks for the Gainward/Palit cards are releasing soon.

I'm gonna guess yes. I know a few people who mentioned they are holding out on the 3GB GTX 580 simply because Palit is making them. I guess some people dont trust or simply dislike them.

I think they are a good company, but EVGA has much more mass appeal. I'd imagine, although these are coming later to the party that they will outsell the Palit cards, unless evga screws up the pricing.

Lame. I would have stepped up to the 3GB versions had I been eligible.

600 series can't come soon enough.

Agreed. As much as I would LOVE to jump on a pair of EVGA 3GB 580's, we are half way through March and I can definitely wait until the 4th quarter of this for the new parts. That is, assuming we see the 28nm 600 series this year.

Agreed. As much as I would LOVE to jump on a pair of EVGA 3GB 580's, we are half way through March and I can definitely wait until the 4th quarter of this for the new parts. That is, assuming we see the 28nm 600 series this year.

Yeah I'm kind of thinking the same thing, it's not like I'm dying for more performance though I could probably get good prices for my 580s and upgrade for around a $1k for all three cards.

First part of April is when the 3 GB version 580 is supposed to drop. In for one for Stepup or a 590 if this is the case.

First part of April is when the 3 GB version 580 is supposed to drop. In for one for Stepup or a 590 if this is the case.

THis better not be prep for an April Fool's joke.

They should just forget about the 590, and instead make more 3GB 580s available now. Those that want performance will buy 2 580s and SLI them, and those will beat the 6990s.

Last edited:
Back