EVGA 6800 Vanilla with NV5 Silencer AGP

Skelaton4

Limp Gawd
My friend got a 7900GT and he has said he will sell me a EVGA 6800 vanilla for about 100$.... I dont even have that now but do you all think its worth it? Right now i have a FX5500 and it basically sucks real bad.. He said it unlocked all 16 pipes and to 6 Vertex shaders so thats a plus.. Just wondering what you think. :)

Yay i finally registered :) Glad to JOin :)

That will be a very significant upgrade from your FX5500...this gives you a taste of what kind of specs you're comparing. Make sure you select "pipelines" beneath the 6800 and hit enable.

The $100 price tag is a bit highish, but including that silencer, I don't think it's a bad deal at all. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably pick it up and call it a day. Maybe haggle him for $10 or so ;)

oh, and welcome :D

A brand new 6800nu card will run you around $150 bucks, give or take. Granted he unlocked some stuff on there, but, used is used. Id say definately haggle him to lower it and DONT let on that you "really" want or need it. Id say start at $75 bucks and go from there.

Id say $85 is a good round amount for a USED card such as his. And dont forget, that card is already at around 2 years old.

Welcome to the club...fasten your seat belt dude,,,the ride of learning is FAST around here...

An unlocked 6800 is ridiculously good... I think $100 is already a very good price for it. Especially with a silencer included. Don't know what kind of prices you guys are seeing for 6800NU's, but it's not $85. At least not what I am seeing.

Get it, it's a great upgrade.

for 100$ with the sliencer go for. a 16 piped 6800NU is a good price. Also no tax or shipping either. I say go for it. you be happy, trust me.

Hmm, well, I just had a look over at NewEgg (was going just by memory in my earlier post) to see if I was mistaken.....Aside from the BFG 256bit card being $250 bucks, all the others average around the $150-$160 price tag.

Giving it a "modest" 35% deterioration and "USED" deduction, brings this card, from an average of $160 down to a mere $104. Add back a little for the silencer, id say $15 bucks at most, we are at $119.

The friend unlocked some features. Ok, what did that take, maybe a few/10 minutes? I'll say a bucks worth of time maybe, to round things up to $120.

Now, given the fact that our OP has an old card, most likely, his computer is also as old. That being the case, chances are, our OP's computer probably has a relatively "weak" PSU, probably around 200watts to 300 at most. Just for a simple, regular clocked 128bit PNY card, it wants a minimun of a 350watt PSU. This card our OP is talkin about however, is an eVGA which has been unlocked to do MORE than the original card "out of box" was intended to do. Tack on another 100watts....50watts for sure, so now we are lookin at the OP needing a PSU at around 400watts...450 being the better choice, obviously. For "decent" PSU, its going to be, IMO, at least $50 -$75 bucks.

Although this isnt the problem of the seller, it IS something the buyer/OP should consider. Not to mention, is the eVGA card thats being sold, is it PCI-E or AGP? If the OP's mobo is AGP only and the card is PCI-E, then he cant use it at all. At least to my understanding of things.

But, I guess, when it all comes down to it......when you start to "haggle"...you ALWAYS start L O W. Also....heh..there "should" be a "BRO" deal in there somewhere :D

To sum it up, im just being a [H]ardass :p and its late....$85 vs. $100 = $15....pfffffttt....just a drop in the bucket, ehh :D

It is a AGP card and i will show you all my specs

Amd 3000+ @ 2.4GHz
Asrock DUal Sata 2(i Have both AGP and PCIe SLots)
1 GIG of COrsair Value Ram
1 (120GB) hardrive 1(80GB) Hardrive)
500 Watt Asprie PSU
FX5500
SOundBlaster LIve sound Card

I think it is a fairly good deal from were i am coming from

Back