eVGA 6800GT 256MB AGP 8x Video Card $269 AR @ Newegg.com RETAIL

Wich0

Limp Gawd
NewEgg.com has the eVGA GeForce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP 8x Video Card for
$299 - $30 rebate [Exp 5/31] = $269 with free shipping.

Not a refurb and it's the retail version!

link

Props to Yassir @ Fatwallet.

how do AGP versions compare to PCI-e versions. i think the mobos are different, but whats the general synapotis?

I just got an e-mail notification saying this!

Great deal, got one for my new computer im building!

EchoMatrix said:
how do AGP versions compare to PCI-e versions. i think the mobos are different, but whats the general synapotis?
From what i have read (i have not done any tests), PCI-e has a faster BUS rate and unlike AGP, there can be multiple PCI-e slots.

Many reviews are showing almost no advantage of the Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E over the same AGP version.

Many feel PCI-E offers better upgrade'ability in the future.

How long does it usually take for the rebate-money to be recieved by the buyer?

WanTeD said:
How long does it usually take for the rebate-money to be recieved by the buyer?
The rebate says it *should* be shipped out within 6-8 weeks which sounds about right.

I know my 10$ rebate for something else from newegg came in about 4 weeks.

towert7 said:
The rebate says it *should* be shipped out within 6-8 weeks which sounds about right.

I know my 10$ rebate for something else from newegg came in about 4 weeks.
Does the person who bought the product have to be there to recieve the rebate mail (maybe he has to sign something I don't know) or can anyone at his house pick it up?

WanTeD said:
Does the person who bought the product have to be there to recieve the rebate mail (maybe he has to sign something I don't know) or can anyone at his house pick it up?
No, the rebate will come in the mail in the form of a check. Obviously, you have to sign the check and take it to the bank though.

1c3d0g said:
This is an incredibly great deal. Say goodbye X800XL... :D
I wouldn't say goodbye to the XL, just hello....the cards are on equal footing now.

Price cuts like this can only mean one thing….The big, bad new stuff is right around the corner.

Ok thanks..

Edit: BTW that free shipping at NewEgg.. how much time does it approximatly take?

WanTeD said:
Ok thanks..

Edit: BTW that free shipping at NewEgg.. how much time does it approximatly take?

Usually their free fedex shipping takes about 2-3 days to get to my house from their NJ place, and 3 days from their CA place.

Out of stock and they no longer have the rebate even liseted.

Why do I always miss the good deals!

Yea, looks like newegg wanted phase out the old 256-A8-N344-AX
for the new 256-A8-N349-AX quickly.

I'm holding out for a 512MB GT!! :D :p

Currently have a eVGA 6800NU with all pipes unlocked. :)

damn...

now this opens a whole new door to the possibilities of setting up an SLI rig for a reasonable amount of $$$.

too bad I ditched the AGP scene a while back ago. :(

ozziegn said:
damn...

now this opens a whole new door to the possibilities of setting up an SLI rig for a reasonable amount of $$$.

too bad I ditched the AGP scene a while back ago. :(
Erm, it would be pretty tough to set up SLI with an AGP card....

The card isn't even in NE's inventory anymore, btw.
I guess the x800xl is back on top of the price/performance category.....sigh....

Back