eVGA 680i Boot up problem

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,

Recently got this rig going, now the problem is at random times when I reboot or turn on the PC right before the "Verifying DMI... etc" it stays there, I have to power off manually.

E6600 @ 2.8
8800GTX
Gskill 2GB DDR2 800
WD Raptor 74GB
WD 250GB SATAII
Tt toughpower 750w

Is there a quick fix to this ?

Thanx for the help :p

Juic3 said:
Hello,

Recently got this rig going, now the problem is at random times when I reboot or turn on the PC right before the "Verifying DMI... etc" it stays there, I have to power off manually.

E6600 @ 2.8
8800GTX
Gskill 2GB DDR2 800
WD Raptor 74GB
WD 250GB SATAII
Tt toughpower 750w

Is there a quick fix to this ?

Thanx for the help :p

Did you check the LED code on the motherboard when it hangs like that? I had a somewhat similar problem when I first booted up my machine because I had the keyboard and mouse swapped. You'd think I'd know by now which goes where, but these things happen =)

My code was 25 IIRC. Find your code and check in the back of the manual to find out what it means.

LoL I forgot to check the code :D Was up all night setting that beast up, will check it out when I get home.

The weird thing is that its random.

I get the same thing, needs to be reset a couple of times before it boots and then it works seamlessly, wierd, it's not really a problem at the moment, so I probably won't look into it further, but if you find anything on it it'd be great to know what's causing it.

I'm running:
4x1GB Geil CL4 DDR 800
2xZotac 8800GT AMPedition
Q6600 at stock with a Ultima90 thermalright cooler
Creative X-fi Gamer thingy
TT Sword M case
2xAsus lightscribe sata drives
1x150GB Raptor X hdd
2x320GB Cavair SE hdds (havent set up raid yet, too lazy, both unused)

and obviously, an evga 680i A1 mobo

Back