evga 680i issues

breadman

Gawd
Just upgraded from the system below to a 6420 on the evga 680i.

Still need to push it, but for now, it definitely seems snappier.

Couple of things though....

Does anyone else have insanely long boot times with this thing? We are talking 7-8 scrolls of the bar as opposed to the 3 I was coming from.

Second ... is this normal in the device manager?

wtfzy6.jpg

mine boots really fast, as for your device manager, it looks just like mine.

sd1jj6.jpg

Striker here same number of devices in the sytem section , and mine boots fast at stock but once I start to fiddle with settings and speeds takes 6-10 scrolls of the bar, everything works fine though :D

probably a dumb question, but did you guys install the mobo drivers that came with the eVGA?

As far as I've seen this device manager oddity with the ram controllers happens on nearly all of the 680i/650i boards.

Nothing to be worried about...

yeah, I'm wondering if the original poster has installed the drivers. I know my load bar at the beginning of XP scrolls about 2.5 times and I've got the drivers installed. you report yours loads quickly too, and I assume have the drivers installed. the original poster says his PC boots slowly, maybe he hasn't installed the drivers?

just step up at p27 bios version,appears problems with ddram,blue screen and memory dump
at default ddr1000.With p26 version vork without problem,what is wrong?please advice me.

just step up at p27 bios version,appears problems with ddram,blue screen and memory dump
at default ddr1000.With p26 version vork without problem,what is wrong?please advice me.

I think you should flash back to P26. I had the same problem with P27.

How did you guy's get rid of the "floppy disk error - press f1 to continue" button when you turn it on/post?

Thanks

How did you guy's get rid of the "floppy disk error - press f1 to continue" button when you turn it on/post?

Thanks

I assume you have long ago abandoned the idea of having a floppy drive. :D

Look in the very first menu in the BIOS, there should be a menu item inside that relates to the floppy diskette drive. Select this item and them page down until it says "Not Installed". Escape, Save, and exit. :)

i rewrite p27 bios from cd iso,and work without problem,i have it a problem with flopy disk

Back