EVGA 680i Kills Another Set of RAM...

A while back I was having really bad stability issues with my system. Games were crashing after just seconds of firing them up, the sound would start looping, blah blah blah. After a while, I had my friend come over with a set of his RAM and bam! Problem instantly fixed. So I went out and got some completely new sticks of Crucial Ballistix. My system was running great with 0 crashes and stability problems for I guess a few months now. Then yesterday, the exact same problems have risen again. Games are crashing after a few seconds and the sound starts looping. I'm so pissed.

My question is, I want to completely get away from the evga 680i boards. It's a POS and has been nothing but a headache and money pit. What other alternatives are out there? I havent been keeping up with motherboards lately. I want to be able to OC my e6600 to 3.48ghz like Ive been doing. SLI is not required. Most importantly, I want something that will be stable for more than a couple of months without having to change RAM.

System is in my sig. Thanks.

I had an almost identical setup and my board killed my first set of ballistix too. When I got my replacement pair instead of setting voltage to 2.2V I just used 1.85V and they ran for months at the rated 800 MHz 4-4-4-12.

I just changed to an IP35-Pro... It's got everything the 680i has (minus SLI). Not sure if it kills ram or not but I haven't heard of many stories.

I had a EVGA 680i that killed three sets of Corsair before I got rid of it. Ran everything stock. No overclocking. I'll stick with Intel chipsets from now on.

Maximus Formula is a great board. Loves my Ballistix DDR2 1066 sticks. I too had a 680i that I couldn't wait to get rid of. It just didn't perform like I wanted it too. Went and spent the cash on the X38 Maximus and couldn't be happier.

Back