eVGA 7800GT CO Is Insane!!!!

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
I am so happy with it, it blew threw FEAR without a hickup.

1024x768
Everything On Max
4x FSAA
16x Aniso
Softshadows on
Pixel Doubling off
DX8 Shaders off

It never skipped a beat, always liquid smooth. I am in love, can't wait to finally be able to play
CoD2 in all it's glory.

Any of the bios problems yet? How high is a stable overclock?
Is it 515/516/517 model?

I feel the same way about my 7800GTX512. I get 635/1.85 autodetect while my regular 7800GTX couldnt break default without error. I'm just glad I could qualify for stepup. Oh yeah. WIth my regular 7800GTX I could only play fear at 1240x800 but now 1600x1200 at the same settings is no big deal.

wow, you must have had one crappy GTX 256, most do pretty well over stock. :(

On a side note, has anyone benched the 256 vs. the 512 while clocked at the same speeds? I'm curious to see how large a role the RAM is really playing.

mikelz85 said:
wow, you must have had one crappy GTX 256, most do pretty well over stock. :(

On a side note, has anyone benched the 256 vs. the 512 while clocked at the same speeds? I'm curious to see how large a role the RAM is really playing.

I don't remember which, but a site did a comparison at the same clock speeds and the memory only showed a 5% boost in some games but it showed no difference in most things. The higher clock speeds is what makes it better with our current games.

Running at that resolution is nothing to be proud of. I can run all those settings on my vanilla 6800 card, but any resolution higher and it starts to lag. Hell, I can turn on everything except soft shadows, and set every level to maximum, and still get a solid FPS rate at 1024x768.

I want to know how well it performs at 1600x1200, with all settings maxed.

I guarantee you're under 25fps in spots with that setup. Valkyre, you are delusional or have the eyes of a bat to think your vanilla 6800 is giving smooth framerates in FEAR at those settings.

headless said:
I guarantee you're under 25fps in spots with that setup. Valkyre, you are delusional or have the eyes of a bat to think your vanilla 6800 is giving smooth framerates in FEAR at those settings.

I agree, but I would not have been so nasty about it. :rolleyes:

TheBlueChanell said:
I am so happy with it, it blew threw FEAR without a hickup.

1024x768
Everything On Max
4x FSAA
16x Aniso
Softshadows on
Pixel Doubling off
DX8 Shaders off

It never skipped a beat, always liquid smooth. I am in love, can't wait to finally be able to play
CoD2 in all it's glory.
Awsome, I just ordered two of them!!! can't wait. This is really satisfying to hear.

lol your playing fear at 1024x768 ? why even have a 7800 gtx a freakin 9800 pro could do that lol I play with my 7800 at 1600x1200 with a amd x2 4400 oc'ed 2.8ghz and card at 550/1300 4x16

well the game has a default max at 1024x768, he may not know how to manually adjust that.

Baker_God said:
well the game has a default max at 1024x768, he may not know how to manually adjust that.

No. I played around with different settings, I was able to find a comfortable level at 1600x1200, Some settings on medium, 2xaa 4xaf, soft shadows off, and It was playable. I would just rather play at low rez, and be able to read the text, and have full AA/AF, and everything on max. I experimented with different settings for about 45mins, before I decided on what I liked. Now w/ HL2/CSS, Far Cry, and other's I will run at 16x12, even if the text is hard to read. I have a 17" CRT, so the text get's tiny.

Baker_God said:

What do you take me for. If I can build my own pc, and am a "gawd" on the hard, I sure as hell better be able to manually change the resolution, or even alter my settings in my game.

TheBlueChanell said:
What do you take me for. If I can build my own pc, and a "gawd" on the hard, I sure as hell better be able to manually change the resolution, or even alter my settings in my game.
lol

At 1024x768 I can play CoD2 with everything maxed and get 40-60FPS. More towards the 40 range. But if I turn off AA (I can't really notice it anyway when I'm concentrating on the game itself) I can easily get 90+ FPS even with the max texture settings.

And if you are wondering why I play at 1024x768, it is because of my monitor. My monitor handles up to 1280x1024, but only with a refresh rate of 60Hz. I'd rather play with everything maxed at 1024x768 with a refresh rate of 85Hz.

I so agree......the CO is a kick ass card

Both my GT's i am getting 514/1285

Here some pics :D

IM001297.jpg

IM001298.jpg

I have no completed benchmarks yet...I will get some out after i get my new case and water cooling back in place... :D

Zues, confused here. Are those 6800s or 7800 that your pic is showing getting thos 515 clocks? Which model is it (ie 516 or 517)?

Sweet! So 2/2 you got 515 core clock and nice memory clock. That leaves a high percentage of breaking 500 for mine. Where did you order from? What program are you overclocking it with? Thanks for the info.

i got them both from newegg...

And i have used coolbits and rivatuner to confirm my oc's

Also to top it off...from 470 to 500 is a cake walk...

i think any CO can do that...Also my temps on these cards are also 30C idle and about 42C full load...

[RIP]Zeus said:
My current setup :D :D :D

IM001299.jpg

That's pretty hot. Ihave Func F-30 17", Diamondback Plasma, and am looking to score the g15 for Christmas. How's the g15, I wanted the eclipse but the g15 is sexier. Maybe the Razer Tarantula will be out by xmas.

oh this G15 is SMOOTH.....

the keys type just right...programable macro's and everything...the screen is a nice addon imo...Also there are apps and shit that you can install to run in the g15's screen. :D

To the thread starter....Sorry for the hijack... :cool:

i almost forgot....Here is my LAN party rig with a eVga 7800GT CO..

yes i own 3 of these BAD BOYS..... :D

IM001300.jpg

IM001301.jpg

I'm insane.... :D

[RIP]Zeus said:
i almost forgot....Here is my LAN party rig with a eVga 7800GT CO..

yes i own 3 of these BAD BOYS..... :D

IM001300.jpg

IM001301.jpg

I'm insane.... :D

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the LAN rig in the SFF. Also, I think it's hilarious, your LAN rig, is better than most people's "gaming" rigs. You've really got some extreme taste's. I was initially planning on spending $3,000-$3,500 on a rig. Then I decided at 16, I don't need that. So I cut that in half and spend $1,500 and couldn't be happier. Plus I have some excess fundage to go towards my car. 95-97 Honda Civic Si-Vtec. <<<Car guys, don't flame me.

Yes - there's a SSF which you can pull off 7800GT SLI in also... that's a sweet ass little bundle of fp-ass kickin' fun. :) those are nice for mobility... anyways.. the 7800GT continues to be a great price-point/performance card for many... it's a gamers card for sure!

TheBlueChanell said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the LAN rig in the SFF. Also, I think it's hilarious, your LAN rig, is better than most people's "gaming" rigs. You've really got some extreme taste's. I was initially planning on spending $3,000-$3,500 on a rig. Then I decided at 16, I don't need that. So I cut that in half and spend $1,500 and couldn't be happier. Plus I have some excess fundage to go towards my car. 95-97 Honda Civic Si-Vtec. <<<Car guys, don't flame me.

hehe...i'm not the one for SFF... ;)

My thermaltake saprano does real good for LAN's....plus i like to one up everyone there hehe...
makes my e-penis feel bigger LOL!!! :D

See i'm 25...i live in my own house. and have a nice 2004 F150 FX4 :D

Plus this is the time for giving correct??? heheh i'm giving myself a nice upgrade ;)

Do not take this wrong way but why would you buy a 5.1 speaker system if you are going to place them like that?

Lake said:
Do not take this wrong way but why would you buy a 5.1 speaker system if you are going to place them like that?

Cause i am working on my comp room.... :D

Back