evga 780i and Corsair XMS 4gb

Sparkyy

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title states, I have an evga 780i mobo and a Q6600 processor in it, the ram I am using right now is Corsair XMS 4GB (2 x 2GB) DHX sticks.
I have been able to clock it up to 3Ghz with no problems, the second I try to take it to 3.2 Ghz, I get a long beep before the computer restarts itself. I know the possibly is there that my cpu can only hit 3Ghz but could it also be the ram itself? :confused::confused:
Right now according to CPU-Z under the Memory tab I am running it at, 5-7-7, should I just try to get another brand of memory or play with the timings?
Thanks for any help! :)

What have you found so far and what are your specs? I'm about to get busy doing the same w/ my qx9650. I am running the 1066 corsair 2x2gb tho.

up the voltage on the chipset and the cpu gradually and set the ram around 2.1 2.2 till it pulls through aim for about 1600fsb and 1.4-1.45v on the cpu, or u could dime the voltage for the chipset then lower it until u find the sweet spot... just don't go overboard on them and fry anything.. i had the same problem with my 650i i couldn't get it past 3ghz for the life of me what helped me alot was increasing the FSB VTT voltage setting which is kinda nifty to have...although i'm not aware of that setting on a 780i

You need to list your bios settings. I can't see what speed you are running on the memory. Also, if your sig is correct I see you have 4 modules installed. You'll need to increase your memory controller voltage to get much of an OC running 4 up. Also, are you running linked or unlinked....etc.

List ALL your bios settings that you have set for voltage, memory, and CPU.

Back