evga 7900gt ko problems...

spK

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with a used evga 7900gt ko that I recently purchased.

My current system is:

AMD 64 3200+ (939)
basic MSI mobo
1gig of ram
550W psu (coolermaster)
80gig & 160gig IDE seagate HD.
7900gt ko with latest nvidia driver
22" samsung LCD # 1680 x 1050

One thing that is confusing me is the current "stock" clock settings (in nTune) is 570mhz/810 mhz(1620mhz)... where as on evga's website it says 580mhz/790mhz(1580mhz). Which one do I follow?

Also whenever I run ATI tools' "scan for artifacts" at the "stock" clock settings - I get yellow dots on the small window once in awhile. Does that mean my vid card is partially fried?

And finally I only get 30fps in counter-strike source with everything set to high... 60-80 fps with everything low including a "config" that removes all the extra details of css (trees leaves, sky etc). Is this normal? Vsync is off too...

My old system which had a 6600gt could run css around 60 fps in low settings + config.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

that's a little weird, i ran CS: S on my 7800gt at 1680X1050 with most things on medium-high with a 3000+ at about 60-100fps when i upgraded my cpu and ram I got way better fps at the same settings with the same card. you should definately be getting higher than that. Try wiping drivers and reinstalling.

The dots only appear when using ATI tools artifact scan. I did lower the clock speeds for both core and ram by 5-10mhz and it went away.

Besides that, css still runs pretty bad 30-40fps. Sometimes when i'm in "B tunnels" i get a suddent fps drop then I see little white boxes appearing and disappearing. I'd run out then come back in - now the floor is purple...

I don't think I can RMA it since I bought it used...

I'll try a fresh format when I get home.

Back