eVGA 7900GTX Superclocked display problem

playskool1

n00b
i got my fresh eVGA 7900gtx Superclocked video card in today around noon today. i installed everything with the driver on the cd that it came with. i can finally get full 2048 x 1536 resolution on my 3007fpw. the only problem now is that the only game that i tested in c0d2 is i see these tiny blue specs. not many but few. also when i browse certain sites like HardOCP for example. while using the scroller on my mouse, if i move it up and down really fast i can see these trailing blue raindrop looking things on the screen. but if i change to another site they disappear. any clues on what i have done wrong or what is going on? here is a picture of what i see.

7900gtxproblem.jpg

7900gtxproblem1.jpg

Get a bigger pic mate can't see a thing on that one, I'd be very interested to know what's going on with that as I'm interested in getting the exact same card you have.

Use the latest nVidia drivers instead of the one that came on the cd? Most likely the ones that came on the cd are outdated.

I had a similar problem with an old GF3 Ti500 except there were red drops, replace the card it will not go away.

Isn't the 3007 2560x1600(16:10)? 2048x1536 is 4:3.

there you go two screen shots what i see when im using the scroller on my mouse. ill have some more screen shots from games.

Does anything change when you run the 3007 at the proper resolution, not what you have it set at?

I am curious, do you have another monitor lying around? I am not blaming the monitor at all, I have just noticed alot of bugs with the 30in displays and Nvidia drivers when new model cards are released

I think we could use a sticky, i have seen people with problems with thier superclocked cards all over the place and would like too know exactly what is up as i would like too purchase one but am holding back. Could be a heat problem. Most people are having freezing troubles, seems yours is a lil difffrent. Some people are going back too refrence clocks maybe will help. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66127 Good luck

ya i agree with D!Z i have been seing people with problems with the superclocked cards all over too...........they must not have a good enough binning system and you got a card that shouldnt have been qualified to run at those speeds

Man that's really bad, I'm due to buy one of these tomorrow but having reservations, I've seen a few guys having problems with the evga superclock.

Sorry to hear that man, mine @ default resolution on 2005fpw is fine. Heard alot of others having problems also.

Go to the control panel and delete the nvidia video driver only and reboot
Select cancel when XP detects the card.You will then get a new hardware had a problem message

Ignore it, Execute the nvidia 84.20 driver and you willl be fine

kind of pointless to get a superclocked if you're going to underclock it. Might as well buy the EGS version.

jhego said:
kind of pointless to get a superclocked if you're going to underclock it. Might as well buy the EGS version.
The point is to try to figure out if the clocks are what causing the problem or not.

why is your res. at 2048x1536? If you have a 30", you should be running at 2560x1600

happy hopping - my res was 2048x1536 at the time using the ResChanger that came with the video card. then i just went to my display settings and i got it to run 2560x1600 when the ResChanger didnt display 2560x1600.

ok i also tried a different lcd monitor. my old 15" HP one that i gave to my younger brother. it still has the same effects so i know my 3007fpw isnt bad. anyways underclocking it? i wouldnt want to do that since i paid how much more for the 40mhz core clock.

playskool1 said:
ok i also tried a different lcd monitor. my old 15" HP one that i gave to my younger brother. it still has the same effects so i know my 3007fpw isnt bad. anyways underclocking it? i wouldnt want to do that since i paid how much more for the 40mhz core clock.

Sigh.... If you want us to help you then you will need to UNDERCLOCK the bloody card. There is a serious issue with the evga superclock cards and were trying to figure out what it is.

And BTW, your sig is too long, it violates the hardforum rules... 10 lines max.

playskool1 said:

I have the same problem as you, underclocking is a temporary fix, email your specs to [email protected] he's taking care of the Superclocked issues as we speak and trying to come up with a fix.

Is there a way for you to lower the clock speed and see if the problem suddenly goes away? I'd be interested to know if that solves the problem...

Underclocking it has *NOTHING* to do with how much you paid for it. You need to underclock it (probably to stock reference speeds) to isolate what the problem is. eVGA may have sent you a card that simply cannot do the clocks advertised. It's as simple as that.

Astral Abyss said:
Is there a way for you to lower the clock speed and see if the problem suddenly goes away? I'd be interested to know if that solves the problem...

Get coolbits to underclock it.

But yea, underclock the card to see if that causes the problem, and if you're running fine on stock speeds, then your card is not capable of OC. But since you paid for a Superclocked version, then they will have to replace your card.

ok i called eVGA tech support. i tried coolbits and tried underclocking it to stock core freqs. the test failed. i even tried underclocking it to 7900GT specs and it still failed and the underclocks wouldnt apply to it. tech support said my card was having serious RAM issues so i RMA'd it today.

Back