Evga 8800GT 512MB $179.99 AR +SH ZipZoomFly

That's hot. I might pick one up, but by the time i'm ready to buy...they'll most likely be gone.

That is a good deal. I bought mine from newegg.com for $259 ($229 with $30 mir)

Ouch. Makes me wonder why I bought my XFX for $245, although it was 2 months ago.

I purchased me EVGA 8800GT for $239 right before the rebate point, shafted!

Half a mind to send it back and reorder, lol!

Probably before summer, this video card will be below $150. Then I'll jump in for this or a 9600GT. (Yes, I know the 8800GT is faster, but I don't want to take up 2 slots :eek:.)

Probably before summer, this video card will be below $150. Then I'll jump in for this or a 9600GT. (Yes, I know the 8800GT is faster, but I don't want to take up 2 slots :eek:.)

The 8800GT isn't a two slot card...

Depends on the manufacturer. The same goes with the 9600. I got flamed a week ago for because a saw a galaxy that took up two slots and assumed all did.

True, but most distributors use the reference cooling design due to them not having to sink any cash into research for different solutions. However, I will not argue with this card as being a two-slot cooler. It should have been, given the amount of heat it produces.

Hmm. Haven't really read in depth reviews but i thought the 9000 series were supposed to be designed to produce less heat.

True, but most distributors use the reference cooling design due to them not having to sink any cash into research for different solutions. However, I will not argue with this card as being a two-slot cooler. It should have been, given the amount of heat it produces.

The 8800GT isn't a two slot card...

Depends on the manufacturer. The same goes with the 9600. I got flamed a week ago for because a saw a galaxy that took up two slots and assumed all did.

Is there an obvious way to tell if a card is going to take up 2 slots? How about by manufacturer (e.g. "Brand X only makes 1 slot cards but Brand Y also ofers 2 slot cards.")? I'm concerned that not all makes and models of 8800GT and 9600GT video cards would be that clear. :confused:

i was waitin for these to drop below 200 before gettin one but got the GTX for 299 AR instead. If i didnt i would have jump on one of these

If anyone is wondering about the rebate, it only took EVGA like 3 weeks to get mine to me. Easiest rebate experience yet.

If anyone is wondering about the rebate, it only took EVGA like 3 weeks to get mine to me. Easiest rebate experience yet.

Ditto, I got mine back really quick, before other rebates I had sent out weeks->months before even

Back