Evga 8800GTX wasted??

roflcopter

Limp Gawd
I've had my Evga 8800GTX for a about a week now and it looks like it's wasted. Look at the pics below. Sometimes I can boot into Windows, sometimes it starts before the XP startup screen and sometimes my display stays blank. What could it be? Bad RAM on the GTX?

403fcyh.jpg

30nfdd0.jpg

I've tried changing the psu but it had no effect. Now I'm running with my old 7800GTX and no troubles at all. Before my 8800GTX I had two 7800GTX's in SLI and had them running for almost a year without any problems so it's not that my pc can't handle a heavy load.

ah it's bound to happen to some of them. most of the 8800s appear to be great cards.

RMA time for that tho.

Already got a reply from Evga (on a Sunday for crying out loud!!) that I should RMA my card. My card sucks but Evga's service is excellent up till now.

roflcopter said:
Already got a reply from Evga (on a Sunday for crying out loud!!) that I should RMA my card. My card sucks but Evga's service is excellent up till now.

What did you expect them to do? You're lucky if you get anything back after you beat that card to death. You don't think they know that? Video cards just don't "break" after working perfectly. People break them....

Thanks,
By you guys buying the first batches of these cards,
you clear the way for perfected cards for me
. :p :p

I kinda mean a revison of the product so don't think i'm knocking you guys in anyway.

I'm waiting until at least the 8900 refresh - my 7900gt is doing just fine for me now..Of course I'm 'only' running on a 19" CRT @ max of 16x12 (nor am I an AA/AF whore ;)).

ps (on topic) Sorry to hear about the card, that sucks.. At least with the issues in the new cards, it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as the 7900 debacle (of which I have a dying/crippled gt [pre Reload, w/ Sammy ICs] that needs replacing).

roflcopter said:

Hmm... Talk about super service! :)

Man builds machine.
Man not perfect.
Machine not perfect. :(

RMA's have always been a quick and painless procedure with NewEgg. Hope you got it from there. Better luck on the second one, eh? :D

The-One said:
Thanks,
By you guys buying the first batches of these cards,
you clear the way for perfected cards for me
. :p :p

I kinda mean a revison of the product so don't think i'm knocking you guys in anyway.

There was nothing wrong with his card until HE fried it....

SPARTAN VI said:
Man builds machine.
Man not perfect.
Machine not perfect. :(

RMA's have always been a quick and painless procedure with NewEgg. Hope you got it from there. Better luck on the second one, eh? :D
Well, I'm from Europe so we don't have NewEgg here. I've heared that my e-tailer over here has a good RMA reputation so I hope i'll have my replacement this week although Europe hasn't got so many cards during the launch period.

I've been running my eVGA 8800GTX for about a week now. So far no issues what-so-ever. I've been giving an extremely good workout too. EQ2's expansion came out last week so I have been spending waaaaay to much time playing.

Back