EVGA 9800 GX2 512MBx2

And the point of this was....that it does actually exist?

I'd personally just like to see the pics...I thought it was going to show it in action! :mad:

And the point of this was....that it does actually exist?

I'd personally just like to see the pics...I thought it was going to show it in action! :mad:

ya I know :(

but w/e, id say benchmarks in ~7Days mb ?

I hope it will not run 80C Idle :p

I want!

As of Today from EVGA Site!!
7 days left before the Step-Up window closes
:(:(:(:(

They're not just adding the two 256-bit buses together and proclaiming it 512-bit, are they...?

I have the strong feeling they are since they added up the RAM.[/QUOTE]

it should have DirectX 20 by the logic they are using. oh how i loathe marketers...

they can add the ram up and be correct as there is actually 1024 mb of ram on the card, however, ten 256 bit memory buses running together still is a 256 bit

they can add the ram up and be correct as there is actually 1024 mb of ram on the card, however, ten 256 bit memory buses running together still is a 256 bit

Ya but who wants to be the engineer to explain that to the marketing dept?

No, not really. If you look at any of the recent cards they get their bus by running multiple smaller ones together. Hence the difference between the GTS and GTX. The GTS had 5 64-bit memory controllers, the GTX had 6. That gives 320 and 384-bit buses respectively.

Nah, it's an optical illusion, those dudes are just really small.

Thats what I was thinking at first, after watching it a second time I have concluded that you will need a shoehorn and a Dremel to get that to fit into an average sized case. :(

Is it really necessary to make these cards bigger and bigger? Isn't the manufacturing of the chips getting smaller and smaller? What gives...

No, not really. If you look at any of the recent cards they get their bus by running multiple smaller ones together. Hence the difference between the GTS and GTX. The GTS had 5 64-bit memory controllers, the GTX had 6. That gives 320 and 384-bit buses respectively.

but they are run in parallel, the buses in sli mode are run in series.

I'm really looking forward to some comparative benchmarks to come out. In the midst of building a new rig and getting anxious to see how the new cards compare to the 8800's.

I wonder how they did the memory to be 512 bit but not need a substantial increase in capacity. All I can think of is that they might just share 1g between both cores... that would actually make alot of sense.

I just want to see what the watts will be on load. I use to have a PCP&C PSU. 1 KW (Still listed in sig). Something went wrong with it & it simply couldn't power my rig anymore. Would start up, power down, power up, power down, etc. Repeated the process until I hit the switch on the back. NOW I have an Corsair HX620. It's running my PC great with no problems. Just don't want to have to get another PSU to power the 9800 GX 2. It won't hurt me to buy a new one at all. I just prefer not to =P.

-DarkLegacy

Wow is he holding a 9800GX2 or a PS3?

I predict lots of people having problem getting that in their case./etc

Wouldnt the best way to specify the memory bus to be 256-bit x 2 ?

I hope EVGA gets some OC'ed GX2's produced fast...

I would rather just forget about using Rivatuner to OC, and run an OC'ed card.

Will this card have trouble fitting in some cases?.... looks like a monster.

I don't understand what the big deal about the gx2 is. All I see are two 8800gts 512 that have inferior cooling to their reference counterparts. I'll admit that having only a twin slot card is great but come on, they seriously need to reconsider a card like this until they release drivers that can scale well (i'm talking +50-75%) instead of their mediocre offerings for 2-4 gpu solutions.

Will this card have trouble fitting in some cases?.... looks like a monster.
Well if you can fit 8800 GTX in your case then you can fit this one too. This will fit to ALL ATX-cases [yes I know that there are few cases that aren't ATX compliant, but marketing departments still call them ATX..

Back